How Do I "un-watch" A Thread?

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I have threads set to automatically watch when I contribute a post, but sometimes there comes a point where I feel like I've already contributed as much as I can, or I lose interest in the side conversations, or... y'know... So, how do I "un-watch" those threads so that my alerts aren't cluttered with stuff I'm no longer interested in? My search-fu has yielded no results.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Go into the thread. Above the first post, on the right-hand side should be something that says “unwatch thread” or something similar. Click on that and it should work. :)

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick additional question along the same lines - does that also stop alerts going to my email? It is driving me round the bend to be quite honest, trying to locate actual emails in between the email notifications of posts on here - don't get me wrong, I love replies on here, but I can check on here to see responses and neither need nor want an email about every response :D :p

If at all possible, I'd like to know whether there is a way to do that on my settings for the entire site, rather than on a thread by thread basis...

EDIT: I *think* I found it, have unchecked the "and send me an email" box on various options in the preferences :D Hopefully that should do the trick. I want to get an alert here when I get a reply or someone posts to my thread, just not in my email, it soon gets out of hand :)

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
If at all possible, I'd like to know whether there is a way to do that on my settings for the entire site, rather than on a thread by thread basis...
At the bottom of the email should be a link to turn off the notifications. :)