How do i tell what my kittens will look like before they are born??

Melloliver

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The soon to be mom is Black her name is Sweat Pee. Soon to be dad is stripped and his name is Sir Felix.

Attachments

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd basically expect a litter of lookalikes. Black or brown tabby with the possibility of some white spotting.

Don't forget to get Dad neutered, if you haven't already. Your Momma can get pregnant again while nursing and that really wouldn't be good for her or the kittens. Her because it isn't healthy and the kittens because it can impact the nutrition they get and attention they get. They both look pretty young, please make sure you are feeding Mom kitten food now to make sure she is getting enough nutrition for a healthy pregnancy.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, all dark kittens. If the dad carries the solid gene some will be solid black, if not they'll all be tabbies like him.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, they will be shorthair domestic; tabby or black. Im not sure daddys white mouth is a true white spot, because its common tabbies have a little white shin, without this being a true white spot gene. We will see if it comes on say, the black kittens or elsewhere on tabbies....
Tabby and true white spot gene are dominant, so they always come through to at least half of the kittens.

Depending on their recessive genes, ie if both parent carry the recessive gene in question.
someone may become a longhair
someone may become a point ("siamese-mix")
someone may become blue / blue tabby ("grey") ie both parents having the diluting gene.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brown tabby and black kittens are what you will have. Please get dad neutered asap and please fix mom after kittens are weaned.