How do I get started with adopting a stray cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pp604

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww baby girl, you're home 💞🌹💞
She still hasnt used her litter box. It would be around 24 hours in 6 hours since she last went to poop. Any suggestions for that?

pp604

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She still hasnt used her litter box. It would be around 24 hours in 6 hours since she last went to poop. Any suggestions for that?
Also, the litter box is in my room right now. Should i just keep her in the room with food, water, and litter box and close the door? Would that help? But the thing is, everytime she is in the room its only because i am there. Once I leave, she leaves too.

pp604

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, the litter box is in my room right now. Should i just keep her in the room with food, water, and litter box and close the door? Would that help? But the thing is, everytime she is in the room its only because i am there. Once I leave, she leaves too.
Update: I closed the door for my room, and she eventually used the box!! Also, are they supposed to cover up pee or just poop? Because she never covers up pee, even when I saw her outside.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard that 'confident' cats don't cover their feces/urine. I have one that does that too. Is she spayed? that is a necessity for an inside cat too. I would get that over with ASAP too, before she comes into heat and drives everyone crazy with her meowing and trying to escape! she is absolutely beautiful! Bless you for taking her in......

pp604

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have heard that 'confident' cats don't cover their feces/urine. I have one that does that too. Is she spayed? that is a necessity for an inside cat too. I would get that over with ASAP too, before she comes into heat and drives everyone crazy with her meowing and trying to escape! she is absolutely beautiful! Bless you for taking her in......
Yes she is is spayed