How do I get my cat to eat her new food?

Zylalove18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The cat food I feed my cat has been discontinued and I am very unhappy, this cat is so picky I want to scream lol. So today I bought her the food I used to feed her before the discontinued food..I can tell she remembers it she sniffs the bag and when I let her sniff the inside she licks her lips. As soon as I put it in her bowl she walks away. I mixed it with her old food and she refuses to even eat that! It’s only been a few hours but I can’t afford to keep swapping food around. Any advice? 😅

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat food I feed my cat has been discontinued and I am very unhappy, this cat is so picky I want to scream lol. So today I bought her the food I used to feed her before the discontinued food..I can tell she remembers it she sniffs the bag and when I let her sniff the inside she licks her lips. As soon as I put it in her bowl she walks away. I mixed it with her old food and she refuses to even eat that! It’s only been a few hours but I can’t afford to keep swapping food around. Any advice? 😅
My cat eats a variety of food so she does not get stuck on one. Adding in crushed freeze dried chicken treats or bonita flakes helps. Have you tried any fancy feast classics. I buy turkey and giblets or shebaperfect portions roasted turkey or chicken. Since she is senior,try to feed more wet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zylalove18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat eats a variety of food so she does not get stuck on one. Adding in crushed freeze dried chicken treats or bonita flakes helps. Have you tried any fancy feast classics. I buy turkey and giblets or shebaperfect portions roasted turkey or chicken. Since she is senior,try to feed more wet
I tried fancy feast and the brat doesn’t like any wet food except friskies and if I try putting it near her dry she won’t eat any of it. Thanks for the tips!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Have you called around all the stores in your area to see if any of them have any of her food left in stock? That would at least buy you some time to introduce other foods to her.