How did your cats wake you up today?

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lola didn't wake me up today surprisingly. Normally on week days she hops up on my bed by my head and her purring wakes me up. Then she follows me around the house until I feed her (only a few minutes of waiting on her part.) On the weekends when I sleep in she'll wake me up by tapping my face with her paw or biting my hands. She doesn't bite hard; just a light bite that can translate to "Get up human; you've been sleeping too long! I need my breakfast!" :lol:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Austin started out laying on my legs, which was okay, but when I moved my legs he started attacking my feet. Then Cricket came in and started playing around the stairs we have leading to our bed. Austin decided to get down and have a (noisy) play session with Cricket. Then he got back up and started attacking my feet again. I was trying to sleep in a bit because I wasn't going to work, I was going to have cataract surgery, so finally I decided to get up and feed them and that bought me another half hour to sleep.

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This happened last week so I don't know if it counts. Salem, all 13 lbs of her jumped off of my 2 foot plus headboard and her front paws landed square on my chest. I woke up gasping because my CAT actually knocked the wind out of me! For a moment I thought she cracked my sternum. And where is Salem while I am gasping for air? Sitting on the end of the bed, trying to attack my feet that were moving under the blanket. :lol: Salem does not get the zoomies at night like a normal cat. Nope, she gets them when the sun comes up . . . every morning. 6 AM rolls around and Salem is bouncing of every surface in our apartment. That is how she normally wakes me up. For Salem, the sun coming up means kitty party time. :jive:
If you think I am exaggerating about the whole gasping and cracked sternum thing, I had two adorable, perfect cat paw sized bruises on my chest by evening. :greenpaw::bluepaw:

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can only imagine what it would be like to have Greg and/or Arnold walking back and forth across my stomach...or sitting on my bladder, which Lily also loves to do. :lol:
Why is it that cats decide to lie on your stomach and kneed your bladder only when you already really have to go? It is like they know. :lol:

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a really hard time getting out of bed in the morning. I honestly don’t think I could do it without waking up to my cats.

Their routine is to wait for my alarm to go off and then jump all over my face, purring and meowing and rubbing all over me. It’s awesome.:)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Why is it that cats decide to lie on your stomach and kneed your bladder only when you already really have to go? It is like they know. :lol:
And why do we lie there with our eyes crossed until we’re ready to explode instead of gently removing them and going about our “business”? :biggrin:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Felix is a gentleman but still persistent when he really wants something. He will step as softly as he can and walk right up to my face. He will then smell my face (which wakes me up). If I don't get up without 10 - 20 minutes, sometimes he will politely tap me on my shoulder several times.

That's what he did today.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried that with one of my cats until he caught on to it.
If i slightly opened one eye to see if he was still there he would bat me on the nose so I would put my head under the pillow.. he would dive under the pillow too and put his nose against mine and PUSH until he was under the pillow and my head was out the other side.
By that time I would have a serious case of the giggles and would have to give up and get out of bed.
They are determined little brats. :lol:
Lol. Bourbon does this to me, too. Exactly the same!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
This happened last week so I don't know if it counts. Salem, all 13 lbs of her jumped off of my 2 foot plus headboard and her front paws landed square on my chest. I woke up gasping because my CAT actually knocked the wind out of me! For a moment I thought she cracked my sternum. And where is Salem while I am gasping for air? Sitting on the end of the bed, trying to attack my feet that were moving under the blanket. :lol: Salem does not get the zoomies at night like a normal cat. Nope, she gets them when the sun comes up . . . every morning. 6 AM rolls around and Salem is bouncing of every surface in our apartment. That is how she normally wakes me up. For Salem, the sun coming up means kitty party time. :jive:
If you think I am exaggerating about the whole gasping and cracked sternum thing, I had two adorable, perfect cat paw sized bruises on my chest by evening. :greenpaw::bluepaw:
I feel you. This is how my Bourbon wakes me up almost every morning. :)

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I awoke to Lily curled around my head, Jack sleeping at my waist, Spencer at my chest wanting to be petted, Lottie was sleeping on my knees and Maggie, my psycho cat was sitting on my shoulder, head butting me. Now with her, you move slowly or she freaks and slaps with claws. It was a struggle since I wasn't totally awake, but we had a nice cuddle session before I got up. She is so weird that I count myself lucky when she comes to be petted.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s always a group effort here. They conspire each morning. It’s shift work. This morning it was time for Purry to take the lead. 14 +pounds draped purrfectly over the top of my head. I have learned to ignore that but this morning a paw came down to lift my eyelid. I met a golden eye staring out of a glossy black fur face, and had warm tuna breath drifting across my nose. Quite effective. 😜

calico man

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hope you recovered from the Salem jump!

calico man

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a really hard time getting out of bed in the morning. I honestly don’t think I could do it without waking up to my cats.

Their routine is to wait for my alarm to go off and then jump all over my face, purring and meowing and rubbing all over me. It’s awesome.:)
You mean they actually wait until the alarm goes off? Lucky you!!! I'm curious if other cats do this as it seems that everybody complains about their cats waking them up before the alarm goes off!

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Same as most days, my sweet little Honeybun kitty hops onto the windowsill and starts batting at the metal blinds, slamming them against the windowpane, which sounds as lovely as you think it might at 5 am. “Honeybun STOPPP!” I call to her-she stops for a sec but starts right up again,now whacking at the stick that flips the blinds open/closed, sending it pattering against the wall over and over. It was 5:20 am. Ive tried to hold out til 7 to train her that thats breakfast time but i have no willpower- i get up and make her breakfast, muttering “ here, happy now.” She chows down and i get back in bed to try to go back to sleep for an hour. 15 mins later she hops up on the bed and sits at the edge washing cat food juice off her face, then she wanders over and plops down next to me for loves... and even tho when i got out of bed i was thinking “i am NOT cuddling with you after you eat!”....

When she lays down next to me i stroke her fur andi say “are you happy now? You had a good breakfast?” And we both try to sleep for another hour :rolleyes2::dancingblackcat:

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
First she rattled the alluminum foil to make me say, "Willow! What are you doing? Quit picking on my trees!" and get out of bed and pick her up. She snuggled for a bit and did it a few more times before I picked up the rattly alluminum foil, which had been on the floor far away from the trees the whole time because she likes to play with it. Then she scratched on the side of the bed to make me say, "Willow! What are you doing? That's not good for the bed!" and get out of bed to pick her up for more snuggles. When the picking up and snuggles turned into, "GOOD girl! Thank you!"s every time she stopped scratching, it was time to start playing with the blinds. Then when that got boring, it was time to BOUNCE.

She was exhausted by the time I realized I wasn't going to get back to sleep and curled up into such a sweet, cuddly, purring little ball of fuzz that I didn't have the heart to disturb her.

So now it's afternoon and I'm still sitting on my couch in my bathrobe posting on TCS.
:flail: :dizzycat: