How did your cats wake you up today?

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll start, mine was behind a dresser with my tv; and decided to climb up the wall rather than the dresser; making a horrible scratching sound that got me up; made eye contact, jumped onto my bed and started smacking and fiddling with a hard plastic ziploc style bag on my bed to make more noise; and then stared down at me until I got out of the bed. This was at 3AM! THEN... My alarm went off.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver did his usual thing about 5am. He comes into the bedroom and starts his itinerary. He starts at the head of the bed between the pillows and after ten minutes or so moves to the top end of my pillow then somewhere in the middle of the bed and then right next to my face and chest. That's when I put my arm around him and hold his paw. All this is accompanied with regular, "Wah wah wah's." and very loud purring. Oh, and Mrs boosh saying shut up Oliver and me saying leave him alone.
He's so cute

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blue sat on the dresser and pawed at his own reflection in the mirror with an occasional screech like finger nails across a blackboard as his claws caught the aluminum frame. Yelled at him and he went into a major case of zoomies around the house with me listening to things getting knocked of benches and tables.
Anyone want a cat???

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did they wake me............?

They didnt.

A cousin is visiting, so I have been banished to the pullout couch in the basement.

Arnold loves me and almost always sleeps with me, but he is pragmatic and a king size pillow top mattress readily trumps a lumpy 15 year old twin pullout mattress......so I awoke alone.

Greg agrees with arnold.
20190510_134739.jpg

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
5:19 a.m. today: 10.5 pound-Lily walks across my stomach, turns, walks back, turns, walks back, turns, walks back, etc. Five times. Walks up to my head, lowers her battering ram of a head and begins to punch me in the jaw with it, purring and drooling. I give up. I’m up.

It was a good beginning to the day. Usually she starts at 4:30! :)

The other two just wait patiently in the hallway by the bathroom or in the kitchen by the coffee maker. They know where I’m going when I get up. :lol:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
5:19 a.m. today: 10.5 pound-Lily walks across my stomach, turns, walks back, turns, walks back, turns, walks back, etc. Five times. Walks up to my head, lowers her battering ram of a head and begins to punch me in the jaw with it, purring and drooling. I give up. I’m up.

It was a good beginning to the day. Usually she starts at 4:30! :)

The other two just wait patiently in the hallway by the bathroom or in the kitchen by the coffee maker. They know where I’m going when I get up. :lol:
The other two are smart. They just wait for their food and let Lily do the heavy lifting.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
The other two are smart. They just wait for their food and let Lily do the heavy lifting.
I can only imagine what it would be like to have Greg and/or Arnold walking back and forth across my stomach...or sitting on my bladder, which Lily also loves to do. :lol:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning Gohan started meowing for breakfast, and so I called to him. He jumped on the bed next to a sleeping Olive, stared in disgust and left peeved. He then went and chewed on the lamp wire/lamp rating tag until we yelled at him. Then he jumped on the nightstand and knocked Randall’s eyeglasses off. Cue more yelling. Then he jumped on the tv stand and didn’t chew the tv wires, a departure from usual routine. Instead, he leaned over to the garbage and found some great crinkly loud plastic to chew. At this point Olive left to start some zoomies. She later ran in, up the cat tree in the bedroom and attacked the blinds. This was when I got up to feed them.

Better than yesterday when her 11.5 lb self couldn’t see where the bed ended so to be safe she jumps directly onto my stomach.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily was first today. She jumped up on the bed and laid on my shoulder at around 6 am. Then came Chester about 20 minutes later. He jumped up on the bed and just stood there staring at me, sitting next to my hip. At that point Lily crawled over to my husband and laid on his back (he was on his stomach), so Chester walked up then sat staring at me until I reached to pet him. He then settled next to me for about 5 minutes until he heard Bynx getting into something, so he went to investigate. After Chester left, then the playing between Bynx and him started, and Lily crawled back over to lay on my chest. I finally feel myself drifting away, when Chester comes back in, again just sits and stares. It's the "is it breakfast yet?" look. When I pet him, he settled next to Lily. Then I hear Bynx trilling about then finally silence. And low and behold, a few minutes later my husband's alarm goes off. After one round of "snooze", he get's up to take a shower. A few minutes later, Bynx is crying at the closed door. Then the other two get up to see what the fuss is about. Chester comes back in and jumps up on the bed to...yet again...stare at me.
I sighed, and got up.....

This is a usual routine, the only thing that differs from day to day is who is the first to start the morning ruckus.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Snowball came as usual in my bedroom at the bed n making weird noise..grunting....This was around 4am..He seen I wont getting up..So he jumped on the bed n layed down n grunted some more n fell asleep..Then 5am came around n he does it all over again..I get up n feed him...He was worse than this til I stopped letting him know I was awake..WHICH IS THE TRICK..BTW...With my boy anyways.:thumbsup:..:agree::whitecat:Mind u NOW...Snowball sleeps on bed at times too...Guess he gets up n trots up the hall while im sleep..sometimes to see whats for breakfast...And then comes back to let me KNOW...:lol::rolleyes::whitecat:;)

Last edited:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was worse than this til I stopped letting him know I was awake..WHICH IS THE TRICK..BTW...With my boy anyways
I tried that with one of my cats until he caught on to it.
If i slightly opened one eye to see if he was still there he would bat me on the nose so I would put my head under the pillow.. he would dive under the pillow too and put his nose against mine and PUSH until he was under the pillow and my head was out the other side.
By that time I would have a serious case of the giggles and would have to give up and get out of bed.
They are determined little brats. :lol:

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Our old cat Trin was an odd guy regarding cuddles - he wouldn’t go on laps but slept in bed with us every night. He loved squishing next to us but too much petting and he would leave.

Sometimes though he would get in a mood and demand attention. If it was the wee hours of the morning, I’d walk up with a sense of something approaching. I’d open my eyes in enough time to see a paw approaching right before he bopped me in the face. It was so cute I couldn’t really get mad but what a way to wake up lol.

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried that with one of my cats until he caught on to it.
If i slightly opened one eye to see if he was still there he would bat me on the nose so I would put my head under the pillow.. he would dive under the pillow too and put his nose against mine and PUSH until he was under the pillow and my head was out the other side.
By that time I would have a serious case of the giggles and would have to give up and get out of bed.
They are determined little brats. :lol:
YES they ARE :catrub: