How did you memorialize your pet?

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have had 8 cats over the past 30 years. We do not have ashes for the first 2 (they were buried in our yard). One of our daughters commissioned a painting of our first cat, Cocoa, and it is hung in a special area of our house where we have many cat-related signs and plaques and also have our Kit-Kat Clock.

In my office I have a special place where we have the ashes for our other 6 cats, paw prints, and some tufts of fur. We also have the collars and ID tags for all 8 of them.

One thing I have done that helps me with my grief is that I uploaded a bunch of photos of all our cats to Google. I have a Google Nest Hub in my office, and the display cycles through those photos 24/7. When entering or leaving the office, I often stop and have a conversation with whichever cat's picture is being displayed.

We now have 4 new kittens to create new memories for us.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have pictures of my soulmate cat, Willie, around my house and I also have a paw print of hers. The most permanent memorial for her though is my tattoo. I never thought I'd get a tattoo of her, but it felt right doing it and I don't regret it at all. It turned out beautifully and looks just like her so it was definitely a success.