How did you chose your username?

TMcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There's a lot of cool names on here and I was just wondering how did you chose it? was it your cats name or just a funny name you liked so your used that or a different story I'm really interested to see how you guys chose your username! I was on a different forum and I did not like my name I always wanted to change it but didn't know how to then some of my friends moved to this forum and now I get to do the name I have always wanted I don't know why it doesn't even make a lot of sense but I like it! so please how did you chose yours??

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For me it was simple - I joined when we were having some behavior problems with our last cat so I used her name. She has been gone over five years and I thought about changing the pic in my avatar to our present guy but out of respect to her I just couldn't bring myself to do it. :lovecat2:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came here when I was heartbroken over the death of my beloved Chrissy. My husband was just as traumatized and we needed some help. I just used both our names in the username to include him. di and bob di and bob , Di is my nickname for Diane. Though now, almost 9 years later, he just rolls his eyes when I tell him I am on the Cat Site!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago, some friends and I (separately) read "Wicked" and saw the musical. One mentioned afterward that I reminded her of Elphaba if you mix the book character and the musical character together. (If, I might add, you remove the ability to sing. I simply do not have that.) I have to say that I can see why. I have always been out of place with my peers and family and am a bit of a firebrand. I have few friends because few people can get past my oddness, for lack of a better word. (My friends and family have actually said this, so it is not me just feeling this way. My husband tells people all the time that he is married to a firebrand. Haha!) They started calling me Elphie and Elphaba. When I met my husband, the nickname was well established. He heard someone call me it and asked why. He agreed so much that if he calls me by my actual name, it feels kind of wrong. He says that "Elphaba" is a better name for me because I made an indelible mark on his heart.

The "09" is the year I fell in love with my husband.

I do have another, older nickname: Pearl. Three people call me it. "Pearl" from "The Scarlet Letter" and from the poem "A Pearl, a Girl" by Robert Browning.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many years ago, some friends and I (separately) read "Wicked" and saw the musical. One mentioned afterward that I reminded her of Elphaba if you mix the book character and the musical character together.
Love that!

Bella was the name of the cat who I had when I joined TCS. The “gooch” was a nickname that my brother used to call me. Not sure where it came from :dunno:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is Indy Jones, Indiana Jones for whom my cat was named when I had a bunch of questions about kitten care for her.

She is so bold and reckless even 4 years later. Shows very little fear ( she actually plays with the vacuum cleaner) and has a knack for getting into places you wouldn't think about. So I named her Indy after Indiana Jones from the movies like raiders of the lost ark and the temple of doom.

Kathrines_Cat^_^

Cat! :-D
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine is just the name of a character I used to draw a lot when I was younger. She sort of represented everything bad I thought about myself but instead of dwelling on those thoughts, she used it as fuel for her interest in clothing design. Also, I just like the sound of the name Kathrine. Then I added my favorite animal with the ^_^ face that my cousin likes to reply to my emails with. :lol2:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Dusty was my Welsh pony of my heart. He was my birthday present when I was 8 and he was 4. Diamond was the horse of my heart. They passed a very long time ago. Both will be at the Rainbow Bridge to meet me when my time comes. My avatar is our cat of our hearts Gypsy. She adopted us around 5 yrs ago.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I joined a few weeks after adopting Mooch and Noodles as kittens. They are named after the Mutts Comic strip. I wanted to name them Daisey and another flower name at first but DH didn't like that. So MoochNNoodles it is! Noodles is over The Bridge now; but Mooch has lived up to her name for sure. :lol: