How did you chose your username?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve lived with so many cats over the years that I didn’t want to single one out for my name. Since I majored in English literature in college, I decided to go with a literary cat. “Tobermory” is a short story written by Saki (the pen name of H.H. Munro) and published in 1911. Tobermory was a very outspoken talking cat.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
When I joined TSC, I was going through a very bad situation where I felt I was being attacked from all ends. Yes, it was over the outdoor cats I feed. I chose my username because that's how I felt at the time-- all hell was breaking loose! I left out an "o" accidentally on the word loose. Oh well!

I contemplated numberous times changing my user name and maybe one day I will, but for now I will keep it. So if anyone is in one of those "when all hell breaks loose" situation, you are not alone. Hang in there!!!!🤗

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hadn't had a cat for over 20 years. So when we got Tik he reminded me just how much I'd missed not having a cat. So Tik cat's mum I was. He's at the bridge now but don't want to change my name because he was the cat that reminded me that cat's are Awsome. I have two just as awesome boy's now because of him.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's just my name :lol:
Likewise.

I’ve lived with so many cats over the years that I didn’t want to single one out for my name. Since I majored in English literature in college, I decided to go with a literary cat. “Tobermory” is a short story written by Saki (the pen name of H.H. Munro) and published in 1911. Tobermory was a very outspoken talking cat.
Ooh! Now I have to look for the story! Thanks!

Margret

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Cassiopea" was already a common username I used back in my Uni undergrad years. I wanted something that connected with my passion for history, my own real name (My real name is derived from a Greco-Roman mythological background) with an attempt at being unique and pretty. And yes it is spelled that way on purpose - Compared to the actual "Cassiopeia" spelling.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It sounds very close to a nickname a friend of mine uses for me. I have a pretty unique name, so it might have been smarter to stay more private, but ohh well😅 I do kinda like it, since it doesn't give away too much or the actual spelling.