How Did You Choose Your Cat?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know a lot of people on here have adopted their kitties - and had i known about the local cat rescue organization in my town i would have as well. I didnt however. I got my little Jussi a year back when i was going through a pretty nightmarish phase of what my psychologist thinks is bipolar. I had been looking through photos of cats and obsessing over it for about a week when I saw pictures on facebook of these furry little black kittens. One of them had a distinct little white soulpatch and white chest. I fell in love with the picture. 2 weeks later i had bought everything i needed and off i went to pick him up. He was actually the first and only kitten to come and greet me at the door - although he was still a little scared. He even went straight into the carrier by himself. I want to think it was meant to be, because ever since then he has been my little therapy cat who follows me into every room, shares my meals, sleeps by my feet in the bed and wakes me up every morning licking my nose until it hurts. He has comforted me greatly through hard times and i couldnt wish for a better companion.
I am so happy that you and your beloved kitten found one another and that you have bonded so completely! That's how it is when a cat comes into your life -- it changes everything for the better. I often tell my beloved cats they are the lights of my life. They ARE.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes fate brings them.

Big Boy was left behind in Rolling Hills Estates by a family that moved to Florida. I couldn't bear the thought of him starving in a feral, coyote-plagued existence, so I adopted him, and he adopted me back.

GOOD on ya, doomsdave doomsdave , in ALL cases. And as you know, you have some really fine felines there. My best to them all. May they live long and PAWS-Purr. :yess:

Roxane0470

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
20180430_160142.jpg
20180323_162931.jpg
20180430_160142.jpg 20180323_162931.jpg I found my 1 and a half year old Tortie Tammy at a local shelter, I kept looking on their Website and just loved how pretty she was it also mentioned that she always wants to be in your lap and likes alot of attention. She was hiding behind another kitten and let me pick her up and immediately started head butting my chin and purring. Went home got the money I needed for the adoption and brought her home the next day. Since then she always wants me close by and I also recently got a now 12 week old kitten because my older tom cat isn't that active and she wanted another cat to play and sleep by so I found some free kittens online and as soon as I picked up Oreo she also seemed pretty laid back

Attachments

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 246725 View attachment 246726 View attachment 246725 View attachment 246726 I found my 1 and a half year old Tortie Tammy at a local shelter, I kept looking on their Website and just loved how pretty she was it also mentioned that she always wants to be in your lap and likes alot of attention. She was hiding behind another kitten and let me pick her up and immediately started head butting my chin and purring. Went home got the money I needed for the adoption and brought her home the next day. Since then she always wants me close by and I also recently got a now 12 week old kitten because my older tom cat isn't that active and she wanted another cat to play and sleep by so I found some free kittens online and as soon as I picked up Oreo she also seemed pretty laid back
Hello Roxane0470 Roxane0470 -- welcome to TCS as this is the first time we've "met" -- and may I conCATulate you on having such a wonderful FURmily! :thumbsup: Thank you for opening your heart and home to them. My feline family is three at this time -- a beautiful torti treasure, a lovely tuxedo treasure, and a blue/cream mancat. They are 14, 13, and 10.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
My frist cat Freddy was from a farm and I picked him because he was the cleanest. Least amount of cow dung, dirt, hay, etc. He was probably the best cat I ever had.

Pansey we got from a newspaper ad. There was one girl and one boy. We wanted a girl, so we just got her because she was the girl.

Luna I got from a Facebook ad. I searched for a female black kitten. Someone messaged me that they had one so I met them at a gas station to get her. I never saw her before that. They handed her off to me in the middle of a thunderstorm, i put her in my car and took her home.

Artemis is a similar story. Went on Facebook, posted an ISO for male all white cat. Few people messaged me. I talked to one person who had a cat who seemed to be a good match- no behavioral or known health problems, good with other cats. Met her at a gas station and took him home.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A good friend of mine, who I sometimes call "the Cat Fairy" (he isn't gay, though) has brought me a number of kitties. In addition to Big Boy, he also brought me a female "dilute calico" who was, of course, preggo. And, we named one of her babies, The Devil.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One other bit of trouble the Devil got into was getting preggo herself, likely at the same time as her mother, likely by the same uber-horny kitty daddy. Mother and daughter gave birth within a day of each other, under my bed, with two litters of kittens. One of them, the Devil's baby, we called Anduille, or Andwee.

Alas, Mama Kitty, the Devil, and Anduille loved to go outside, and got better and better at foiling attempts to keep them inside. So, along with the multitude of other babies, all got eaten by coyotes. :(

Last edited: