How common is it for my cat o miscarry again?

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi i have a cat thats about 3 years old and she has miscarried in the past but we found shes pregnant again and i dont know if she will miscarry again? Is it common for them to miscarry twice in a row? She had a litter before we got her and they were fine

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is there a reason she isn't spayed? Especially since you know she already miscarried a litter?
She had gone missing (i think she snuck out) two days before her spay and i couldnt find her anywhere. She came back after 2 months and shes very pregnant obviously. I was all prepared for her spay but if the cats missing then the spay cant happen yanno? I dont want to spay her now to terminate the pregnancy because i feel it would depress her.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Spaying her now won’t depress her- she won’t even know the difference. Cats don’t have the same attachment to their unborn offspring that people do, for them, it’s just instinct. I can understand if you’re uncomfortable with spaying her while pregnant, but I do think that you should meet with your vet to discuss your options. Especially since she’s already miscarried once, I would say that there is a good chance that it could happen again.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She had gone missing (i think she snuck out) two days before her spay and i couldnt find her anywhere. She came back after 2 months and shes very pregnant obviously. I was all prepared for her spay but if the cats missing then the spay cant happen yanno? I dont want to spay her now to terminate the pregnancy because i feel it would depress her.
Cat's don't get depressed - they don't have the self awareness that humans have. You'd be doing her a favor if the pregnancy is not far along to terminate it and have her spayed. I'd be very worried about her long term health and being she already miscarried, chances are the pregnancy is high risk.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Let’s just take it from where you are right now. Since she is Very pregnant It sounds like she came back to you to have her babies. I would set her up a couple choices of nesting boxes in a quiet room. Provide her with some good food and plenty of affection. There are many reasons she could have previously miscarried before. Keep a close watch on her and there are many members here that can talk you through, up to , during and after the delivery . I’m glad she has you for help. Keep us updated please . We will worry about your girl!!!

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spaying her now won’t depress her, but if something goes wrong and she looses kittens after they’re born, that will give her a very hard time. So if its not too late for spay, it may be the best option.

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Let’s just take it from where you are right now. Since she is Very pregnant It sounds like she came back to you to have her babies. I would set her up a couple choices of nesting boxes in a quiet room. Provide her with some good food and plenty of affection. There are many reasons she could have previously miscarried before. Keep a close watch on her and there are many members here that can talk you through, up to , during and after the delivery . I’m glad she has you for help. Keep us updated please . We will worry about your girl!!!
Many people are suggesting spay her now but shes very far along. Just basing off her size and all. She showed signs of complication before she miscarried last time and shes not showing any bad signs. Im up with her all night almost every night most times because im worried for her but she seems fine. She miscarried around this time last time which is why im worrying i guess. She had a successful litter before so how high is the likely hood of another miscarry? Im judt stressed for her

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cat's don't get depressed - they don't have the self awareness that humans have. You'd be doing her a favor if the pregnancy is not far along to terminate it and have her spayed. I'd be very worried about her long term health and being she already miscarried, chances are the pregnancy is high risk.
I just feel uncomfortable spaying her this far along. I have her set up with multiple nesting boxes and good food and lots of water. She seems pretty good. She showed symptoms of complications last time but i was unsure if it was normal or not. This time she isnt showing any bad symptoms.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful! It would be great to have her examined by a vet or if you have a relationship with a vet she had seen in the past it’s possible u could speak on the phone about your concerns . How is her behavior since she returned home?

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is beautiful! It would be great to have her examined by a vet or if you have a relationship with a vet she had seen in the past it’s possible u could speak on the phone about your concerns . How is her behavior since she returned home?
She has been a very hungry and affectionate kitty. She also has very frequent hunger pangs shes not overly sluggish or anything. She also keeps wanting to go back out side. Just as guess how far do you think she is? Based on the picture? Just curious

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has been a very hungry and affectionate kitty. She also has very frequent hunger pangs shes not overly sluggish or anything. She also keeps wanting to go back out side. Just as guess how far do you think she is? Based on the picture? Just curious
I meamt to say she also has been energetic like just liking to move n play

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are members on site with much more experience than me with this Hang in there they will be responding soon. Keep in mind that all of us are not on the same time zone. I would not let her outside Even in the best case it’s soo much better for her to have your support. Unfortunately at this point it’s a waiting game. Try to stay calm and she will be calmer too.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just feel uncomfortable spaying her this far along. I have her set up with multiple nesting boxes and good food and lots of water. She seems pretty good. She showed symptoms of complications last time but i was unsure if it was normal or not. This time she isnt showing any bad symptoms.
Hopefully all will go well then. It might be a good idea to have her looked at by a vet just for the sake of medical opinion. Once she does give birth, be sure to get her spayed as soon as it's safe and feasible for her. Cats can go into heat quite soon after having kittens.

Lots of members here with tons of experience who will be able to help you, Sincerely wishing your cat the best.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can, take her to a vet for a check up, de-fleaing and deworming. Also, start feeding her kitten food, canned (wet) and free feed kitten kibble. And if she does deliver the kittens, continue to feed her kitten food as long as she is nursing her kittens. And, if you can find it, Kitten Milk Replacement, the dry form. And give her at least a saucer a day, again, until she weens her kittens.

Keep us up dated, please. And her spayed after she weens her kittens.

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you can, take her to a vet for a check up, de-fleaing and deworming. Also, start feeding her kitten food, canned (wet) and free feed kitten kibble. And if she does deliver the kittens, continue to feed her kitten food as long as she is nursing her kittens. And, if you can find it, Kitten Milk Replacement, the dry form. And give her at least a saucer a day, again, until she weens her kittens.

Keep us up dated, please. And her spayed after she weens her kittens.
What if she doesnt want the kitten food? I gave her kitten food and she shows no interest in eating that.

Kittycabbage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: cabbage is doing good and we can feel the babies moving around! How far along is a cat before you can feel the kittens?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Kittens can usually be seen or felt 2-3 weeks before delivery. Good to hear all is well! :)