How cold is it??

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is cold enough that two of the barn cats came in the house this morning. Jack has been in and out for months now but today he brought Tippy in with him, much to Da Lip's disgust. He doesn't mind Jack in the least but something about Tippy bothers him, probably the lack of any facial markings - I am certain he recognises Tippy as a cat but a faceless cat with only eyes and ears!!!LOL Nope, no fighting or anything, they DO all know each other through the window.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Now that the ice is broken Tippy will probably continue coming in when it's cold. Our old ex-feral used to bring other cats into our laundry room (there was a cat flap in the window) whenever it got bitter cold. Sometimes I'd go to feed him and find 6 or 8 cats there for breakfast!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's in the teens here, 19 at last check. That's cold for this area. Not record cold, but within 10 degrees of it.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's 6 below here...MIGHT get to zero. Schools are closed, and it's supposed to be even colder tonight than last night, so I would be surprised if we had school tomorrow...

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We are getting down into the 50's sometimes during the day. At night, it gets down to about 40. Pretty cold!!!

It's been doing about mid-60's recently....

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold enough that MewMew and Boo are cuddling together outside in their insulated house instead of each in their own houses that are they normally use. MewMew is a touchy cat that doesn't cuddle other cats. I wish I had a utility room or even any spare room where I could keep them inside right now.
If I have to start medicating MewMew to be able to have her in next winter... so be it.

It's 9F with a windchill of -11F. Its currently warmer in northern Michigan where my mother lives and even warmer in Gothenburg and Helsinki where friends are.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's around 27 degrees here. I live in an 82 year old house with virtually no insulation so it pretty darn cold in here. LOL

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently 10 degrees F here. Supposed to be -11 tonight, not counting the wind chill.

All this snow is never going to melt

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

All this snow is never going to melt
It's supposed to warm up later this week. Our snow never really sticks around for that long.