How can you tell when your cat is relaxed?--Post your pictures here

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 445919

Daisy sunbathing yesterday. She won’t get the chance today, it’s going for 36C (ridiculous for late March) and the curtains and blinds are staying closed all day!
Oh, that's awful. I hate hot weather!!! Keep Daisy beauty nice and cool and hope the weather changes for the better very soon!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's awful. I hate hot weather!!! Keep Daisy beauty nice and cool and hope the weather changes for the better very soon!
Thank you! I hate hot weather too, I’m downright offended that we’re getting such a temperature halfway through the first month of autumn! Luckily it’s very cool inside still, though the wind is roaring outside and it’s already over 32 at midday. We’re fortunate that only one wall is really exposed to heat - my north-facing bedroom, which is mostly glass, as the picture shows. I have UV blocking window film as well as the rubbishy vertical blinds and sunblock curtains. The side walls are dividers between units and the front has a good verandah roof.

Even better, tomorrow is supposed to be 19 and raining, and next week much the same. Yay!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I hate hot weather too, I’m downright offended that we’re getting such a temperature halfway through the first month of autumn! Luckily it’s very cool inside still, though the wind is roaring outside and it’s already over 32 at midday. We’re fortunate that only one wall is really exposed to heat - my north-facing bedroom, which is mostly glass, as the picture shows. I have UV blocking window film as well as the rubbishy vertical blinds and sunblock curtains. The side walls are dividers between units and the front has a good verandah roof.

Even better, tomorrow is supposed to be 19 and raining, and next week much the same. Yay!
Good news about the cooling and forecast rain!
I know all about heat coming in through the windows. Here In L.A. it gets VERY hot in summer (and sometimes other times as well) and the intense heat just destroys shades. I have some hanging in tatters and one missing, which is bad because this house was custom-built and it's not possible to buy ready-made shades that fit. I bought some room-darkening yard goods on the internet but didn't think it through as to how to secure the material to the existing rollers or how to secure the footers (pieces of lath that fit inside the fabric at the bottom of the shade). So I have the material; I just don't know how to get there from here and I can't afford to buy tools. I may ask my roomie before they leave, if he has any bright ideas.
Here's to relief from the heat for you and Daisy!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know all about heat coming in through the windows. Here In L.A. it gets VERY hot in summer (and sometimes other times as well) and the intense heat just destroys shades. I have some hanging in tatters and one missing, which is bad because this house was custom-built and it's not possible to buy ready-made shades that fit. I bought some room-darkening yard goods on the internet but didn't think it through as to how to secure the material to the existing rollers or how to secure the footers (pieces of lath that fit inside the fabric at the bottom of the shade). So I have the material; I just don't know how to get there from here and I can't afford to buy tools. I may ask my roomie before they leave, if he has any bright ideas.
Oof! I visited LA a couple of times years ago, and wouldn’t want to be there in summer. That’s essentially desert heat, isn’t it?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oof! I visited LA a couple of times years ago, and wouldn’t want to be there in summer. That’s essentially desert heat, isn’t it?
Yes. L.A. is reclaimed desert, and adding overpopulation and climate change, it's basically a recipe for re-desertification, eventually.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I use painters or masking tape to hang plastic or cloth. The blue painters tape doesn't harm walls and masking tape usually doesn't either. Doesn't look elegant but it works.😽

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use painters or masking tape to hang plastic or cloth. The blue painters tape doesn't harm walls and masking tape usually doesn't either. Doesn't look elegant but it works.😽
Those are great ideas! However, I'm talking about using the existing roller and affixing this material I bought to the roller, in essence, making a new shade. It has to be very secure and stand up to repeated stress of tugging on the bottom part to roll it up and down. I have some double tacks that might work IF I can pound them into the roller itself.