Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though Willow has lived with me for nine years she likes to keep her distance. Occasionally I get a few minutes where she will perch on the arm of my chair but otherwise is an expert at social distancing. But I bought a new recliner six months ago and just in the last few weeks she has discovered that the footrest area is perfect for napping and enjoying some human body heat at the same time.
4743E8A7-541D-43F8-B3BC-DB70F00C6409.jpeg

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though Willow has lived with me for nine years she likes to keep her distance. Occasionally I get a few minutes where she will perch on the arm of my chair but otherwise is an expert at social distancing. But I bought a new recliner six months ago and just in the last few weeks she has discovered that the footrest area is perfect for napping and enjoying some human body heat at the same time. View attachment 331080
A kind of funny follow up to this picture. Whenever Willow came to sit on the armchair she always sat on the right arm, and now lays on the right side of the footrest. The other day however, I happened to be sitting more to that side with my legs blocking her usual spot so she laid, or tried rather to lay on the left. She laid down, stood up, got down, came back, laid facing me, turned and laid facing away, sat up and gave herself a bath, and got down again. All over the course of a minute or two. Think Sheldon Cooper and “his” couch spot. After I felt guilty for laying in “her” spot when she was so clearly uncomfortable laying elsewhere I moved over and she jumped up, reclaimed her spot and was conked out in 30 seconds. Maybe I shouldn’t give in, but I do because she is so adorably neurotic.