How Can I Stop My Cat From Tracking Litter Through The House

Kburns

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a long haired cat who is always very good about using her litter box. However, I constantly find pieces of litter all over despite having a high rise litter box (it’s a covered one too) and a mat to catch the litter. Any suggestions?! I’m tired of having to vacuum everyday.

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the simple solution I used when I had the same issue, is shaving their 'bathroom' area,
was the older kitten taking out of the box litter with his hair every time, and the younger was carrying more than litter xd
when I shaved their butt hair It worked out very well.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have found getting a Dustbuster type vac and vaccuumimg the carpet outside the litterbox keeps it from being tracked. Also the type of litter affects tracking. The lightweight litters were always the worst. The litter I’m using now, Arm and Hammer, tracks less than most brands.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TheCatSite. :wave2:

I haven't found a way to eliminate litter tracking, but do find some types are better than others. Like misterwhiskers misterwhiskers I find the lightweight ones the worst. I'm currently using an Arm and Hammer one, and it's not too bad.