How can I help Tigger use the tray when I'm not at home?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One day at a time. That is all we can do as our cats grow older and have health issues. No point in worrying about all the what ifs for the future, as it robs us - and our cats - of the time we have together now in the present. If we are always worrying about 'tomorrow', it steals 'today' away from us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

Meowmy to Tigger and (Queen) Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We,, just had an eventful few minutes with both Tigger and Willow - someone's terrier got into the garden and thought it was a wonderful idea to try to chase both the girls, Tigger puffed her tail up and tried to get back to me (she didn't like getting charged at by the terrier), poor Willow's having a hissy growl at both me and Tigger after I got both girls back inside, she's clearly terrified, I didn't see if she smacked and bit the terrier, I just know she had a really big hissy growl at it and had her tail puffed up (she was in her own garden), luckily the terrier listened to the owner and went back to him, the terrier didn't actually try to hurt the girls, just raced up to them both

Willow's currently hiding inside, she was in a good mood watching a pair of birdies until the terrier got through the fence and chased both girls :running: :redheartpump:

Willow's got a BIG HISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for all scary dogs that want to chase her, I don't think the dog intended to hurt her, just wanted to play I think

I'm hoping Tigger having to run from the terrier won't cause even more problems for her ........

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I owned a Jack Russell with an exceptionally high prey drive. She learned to accept cats, but all terriers are unreliable in that respect. I am glad that your cats are safe although I am concerned that they were put in danger from the dog.

tiggerwillow

Top Cat
Purraise
I owned a Jack Russell with an exceptionally high prey drive. She learned to accept cats, but all terriers are unreliable in that respect. I am glad that your cats are safe although I am concerned that they were put in danger from the dog.
They were in their own garden having a smell around, so the dog getting through the broken fence was surely on the dog owner? His responsibility to keep his dogs under control?

I was supervising, had turned round for a second to grab a mouthful of dinner (as I was at work until 2 hours ago and don't have time at work on breaks to have a hot meal), the girls had both refused their dinner telling me they wanted to check the garden first, before they had their dinners, even Tigger was like nope I'm not eating until I have checked the garden, meowmy

tiggerwillow

Top Cat
Purraise
Willow definately stuck up for herself, I could see the dog's body language and I believe bobbing their front end down and having their butt in the air means they want to play?

I think Willow smacked the dog, but I don't know if she used her claws or kept them in

tiggerwillow

Top Cat
Purraise
Willow's just come into bed with me but is flinching a bit at sudden movements, I think she's still scared, I can't see any injuries on her, don't want to stress her out by forcing the issue of me looking, there's nothing obvious that I can see, letting her calm herself down before seeing if she'll let me look properly, I don't think the dog got near enough to her to do anything to her, I think cause she whacked him one he thought twice about trying anything :redheartpump:

tiggerwillow

Top Cat
Purraise
It is, but if his dog is untrustworthy there could still be problems.
I was supervising both my girls outside, like I said I turned my back for literally seconds to grab a mouthful of food, not sure what else I could do to other than supervision to keep my girls safe, the end of the garden where the fence has a massive gap there isn't really a way of blocking the gap up without replacing the whole fence, I thought about a catio but with my girls being used to exploring the whole of their garden (and next door's garden, who is happy for Tigger and Willow to have a walk in her garden, she knows they don't use gardens as toilets) I don't think they'd both adapt, I think Tigger in particular would find it too frustrating not being able to have explores further up the garden, Tigger will wear a harness but finds it frustrating when she wants to explore the neighbour's garden and the harness doesn't allow her to get there, Willow literally anger bites the harness if I try putting it on her cause she doesn't want it anywhere near her :heartshape:

Not sure what I can put up at the end of the garden that would discourage dogs from coming into the garden, yet wouldn't stop Tigger and Willow from finding their birdie hiding spots to watch them hop around ?