How can I help a cat with chronic nasal congestion?

myfamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello my cat, Rocky, is 13 years old. He was just recently in for a check-up, and I forgot to mention his congestion to the doctor. He continously has to blow his nose out to make a clean passage for him to breathe. It's been like this for a couple of years. I think he got the virus from a feral cat who sleeps in my garage. I often see him doing the same thing. Rocky likes to go out into the garage from time to time and spend time with the cats who sleep in the garage. Is there anything I can do to help him recover from this virus, or whatever it is? It doesn't seem to effect him. But it can't be good for him, either. I want to keep him as healthy as possible for as long as possible. Thank you.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He was just recently in for a check-up, and I forgot to mention his congestion to the doctor
Hi!
Due to the fact that you were just in, why don't you email your vet with the info above and see what they suggest?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I suggest an email to your vet, as well. In the meantime, you can help him by doing what we do with snuffly kids...run the shower on full hot, and sit with him in the bathroom as the steam helps clear out that stuffy nose!

cat mom 8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have run the shower to create a lot of steam in my bathroom. Then I turn off the shower and put my kitty in the bathroom,
closing the door behind me. I leave him in there for 15 minutes and when I let him out, he seems to breath easier.