How can I get help for a severely injured stray cat?

Cmmack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed the ferals in my neighborhood. This morning there was a new face in the crowd. The little thing sat there watching me as I walked up to her, Very friendly, she let me pet her, then I saw her leg.
It's horrible. It's badly broken and she drags it straight out behind her. It probably needs amputation. I don't know what to do. I have no money. I had to choose between feeding the ferals and paying my phone bill. Needless to say, now I have no phone. She's suffering and I don't know what to do. This is making me ill. I can't even bring her inside. I live with my daughter who hates cats. She is already pissed off about me "wasting" money feeding them and the four I'm currently taking care of.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I feed the ferals in my neighborhood. This morning there was a new face in the crowd. The little thing sat there watching me as I walked up to her, Very friendly, she let me pet her, then I saw her leg.
It's horrible. It's badly broken and she drags it straight out behind her. It probably needs amputation. I don't know what to do. I have no money.
Are you in the US/UK? Any rescue group you can contact?

no-money-for-vet-care-how-to-find-help-and-save-your-cats-life

financial-aid-pets

/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cmmack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in Grand Rapids, Mi. I don't have a phone to call anyone. I am on my daughter's internet. So maybe I can email someone.

Cmmack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm doing that now.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Feral Friends Network® Connect

This may help and it is very easy to fill out the required form. I do have to caution you though that there can be varied responses as these are all volunteers and I don't think that ACA can really monitor who is in the network and who is not.

Michele's Rescue | Michele’s Rescue
Reuben's Room Cat Rescue (Grand Rapids) &gt Michigan No Kill Animal Shelters
Get to know Crash's Landing Cat Rescue & Placement Center
Second Chance Cats of WM
Focus on Ferals | No-Kill Animal Shelter | Trap-Neuter-Return Management

Keep googling rescues in your area or in any area that is feasible for you. Ask for other contacts even if these rescues can't help as people who rescue usually know someone who knows someone.

Cmmack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still working on it. Waiting for answers back. The main problem seems to be she's not a pet, not "owned'. One place said she had to be currently under the care of a vet. I can't afford a vet. I can't even get her to these places. The farthest I've been from the house in the past five years is the backyard. Haven't been to a store or even the doctor. I feel so helpless!
She is such a sweet little cat. She is a tortoiseshell, beautiful markings. She isn't feral and she looks well fed. She was waiting for me at the bottom of the steps when I went out to feed. Poor baby was so hungry. At least I can do that much for her.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Still working on it. Waiting for answers back. The main problem seems to be she's not a pet, not "owned'. One place said she had to be currently under the care of a vet. I can't afford a vet. I can't even get her to these places. The farthest I've been from the house in the past five years is the backyard. Haven't been to a store or even the doctor. I feel so helpless!
She is such a sweet little cat. She is a tortoiseshell, beautiful markings. She isn't feral and she looks well fed. She was waiting for me at the bottom of the steps when I went out to feed. Poor baby was so hungry. At least I can do that much for her.
Keep trying and hope for the best.

Cmmack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since I moved from Missouri to Michigan to live with my daughter, I've become very isolated. I lost touch with everyone I knew in Missouri and I know no one in Michigan. I haven't so much as spoken to another living soul except my daughter, her girlfriend, and the cats for over five years. My family lives in Missouri and they disowned me long ago when I walked away from our religion. They disowned my daughter when she invited me to move in with her. There's absolutely no one.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get on the internet and find the local shelter in your area, there has to be one. They would know how to advise you. Make sure you tell them you do not want her euthanized, hopefully, they have someone in the area that could care for her. You might try the local vets too. These are all able to be goggled in your town and state. Bless you for wanting to help her,

Cmmack

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Already done that. Waiting for a reply. Would bully my daughter into taking me, but about a month ago she was in a car accident and had some bad injuries and totaled her car. She's recuperating but not working and has no transportation. It's rough but we'll survive. I'm afraid the little kitty won't.

SweetLittleKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in Grand Rapids, Mi. I don't have a phone to call anyone. I am on my daughter's internet. So maybe I can email someone.
I know this is too late, and I hope you found assistance by now. I know that there is emergency help available but I do not have a link. Anyhow, about the phone. I just wanted to mention that there are free internet phone services. Google Voice is probably the best one. You might want to look into it. I have used it many many times when I had a phone issue.