How can i figure out the calories in my cats homemade food?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Know Better Pet Food | Healthy Homemade Pet Food Products

The website says this:
  1. Portion into daily servings - 1/2 -3/4 cup will feed one adult cat. This can be split into two servings.

I give them 1/2 cup of food per day and that is clearly too much. I want to help my cat lose weight but i was to be sure shes eating enough calories.

is there any way to feed them home made food and still lose weight?

ediit: i forgot to add that i make 10 lbs of food each time. 5 lbs of chicken thighs with the skin and 5 lbs of boneless/skinless chicken thighs.

is there another powder i can use to help with weightloss?

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The products has 138 calories per 120 g (0.26 lb) meal size. You'll need to weigh a 1/2 cup of prepared food to see how many grams that is and then calculate the calories from that and then feed your cat enough calories. That may mean feeding less than the suggested 1/2 cup of food daily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The products has 138 calories per 120 g (0.26 lb) meal size. You'll need to weigh a 1/2 cup of prepared food to see how many grams that is and then calculate the calories from that and then feed your cat enough calories. That may mean feeding less than the suggested 1/2 cup of food daily.
Perfect, thank you! I don't bother weighing i just use measuring cups. I will try that next. Never thought to just weigh the food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure but i think the calories aren't right. I weighed 1/2 cup and its 150 grams. So that's how much she eats throughout the day. (1/4 cup twice a day) And then she gets a few peices of freeze dried chicken at night.

See the pics. And yes the machine was zeroed with the measuring cup. Not sure that to do. I've been taking up two small spoonfuls to lessen her food intake but i need to figure out how much to feed her.

Should i switch the powder i use?

Attachments