How can I encourage my cats to drink Goat's milk?

Raul-7

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have powdered goat's milk; I've read all the benefits and want my cats to reap them. How can I encourage them to drink it when it is foreign to them?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting. I never knew that. Maybe start by using as a power without water or put some in a bowl without food?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have powdered goat's milk; I've read all the benefits and want my cats to reap them. How can I encourage them to drink it when it is foreign to them?

If a cat won't touch a new food, there's very little you can do to convince them to at least try it. But try the usual tip of adding a very small amount of the goat milk, either the dry powder or reconstituted in water, to canned food. Add toppers if needed, It might take a few different tries to really see if the cat will eat the "tainted" canned food or not. Goat milk has a very strong odor and taste which some cats may not like.

Goat milk isn't necessary in a cat's diet so don't feel bad that your cats are missing out on any potential health benefits. IMO I feel that goat milk is just being hyped up as beneficial to people and animals as a sort of new trendy / the latest "must have / do" social media thing.

If your cats do like goat milk, great. Just limit it to treats or a little bit mixed in with canned food. Plain water should always be available for drinking.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember you mentioned your cat has ckd. My cat is not in pain but she is nauseous and does not want to eat Prescription food is made palatable for a cat to be tempted to eat her food Since she is in the early stages I am mixing the food with with weruv truelex steak frites. Sometimes l just give her trulex. Also appetite stimulants from my vet. I just ordered evangers beef tips in gravy. Phosphorus is .5 but it will only be used as a topper. She also gets freeze dried treats and churu tubes. And fortiflora in the morning that increases her appetite even more. I do not want to give her just k/d food but it helps her eat. I am hoping just giving trulex and fortiflora but so far no success. Churu is almost 90% water and she loves it!

Last edited: