How Can I Be The Only One...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Unless your cat likes to dig at the box/wall above it, buying those absorbent puppy training pads and taping them firmly to the wall and tucking the last 4-6 inches below the lip of the box has helped us, too. If it's a huge issue, line the area around the box (both sides, behind, front) with these pads. It's a pain in the butt but they're cheap, disposable, and work to keep pee off the floor.
Thanks! I am hoping that if I find a large enough box, that she will decide "Ooh, this is roomy!" and start to move around in it so that she does not have the chance to pee out the entry!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I use this one: Nature's Miracle® Advanced Hooded Corner Cat Litter Box | cat Litter Boxes | PetSmart

Fits my 16lb cat (long and reasonably tall) with lots of extra room left over. He can step into it comfortably. It also has a bit of overhang on the inside of the box where the hood and box connect so that urine that runs down the inside stays inside. Possibly an option for you?
Thanks. Not sure. Will take a closer look. Right now, I'm thinking - as I said before - the bottom dimensions of this box are a lot smaller than the sizes listed in the description. As I said before, if she doesn't learn to turn around in a larger box, she would just pee out the entry of this one. Geezzz!!!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
28 in. x 30 in. Plastic Washing Machine Pan with 1 in. Furnished Drain Adapter-34067 - The Home Depot

This might be a temporary solution to protect the floor around the box if you're worried about staining, etc. Stick the box on the tray in the center, and if she pees outside the box it's on a removable washable surface and not on the floor.
She is not peeing at this time outside of her current box, but it is 8" high on all sides (which is probably her height limit). It's just that I've come to the conclusion that she needs a bigger box - and will hopefully learn that moving around to pee - away from the entry - is a good idea.

And, she has now started to pee on her back paw because she only goes in the one corner at the front and stands there. The paw needs to be cleaned ALL the time, and litter is getting EVERYWHERE.

P.S. I do have a washable rug just outside the litter box - just in case....

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is not peeing at this time outside of her current box, but it is 8" high on all sides (which is probably her height limit). It's just that I've come to the conclusion that she needs a bigger box - and will hopefully learn that moving around to pee - away from the entry - is a good idea.

And, she has now started to pee on her back paw because she only goes in the one corner at the front and stands there. The paw needs to be cleaned ALL the time, and litter is getting EVERYWHERE.

P.S. I do have a washable rug just outside the litter box - just in case....
Ahh, got it. Makes sense.
I'd consider one of those litter trackers but I haven't found one that actually works all that well.
Funny story, we had a foster half grown cat that grew up outdoors. Once he realized the litter box was a nice place to pee, he'd run over to it, get his front feet in it, and think "I feel the sand" then squat and pee with his entire rear end hanging out. :runaround:

pipperoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought a NVRMiss for my arthritic cat. Entrance is only 5", sides are around 11" and floor dimensions are about 12" x 19". Its also great for "flingers"!

They say that the cat will turn sideways when it enters the box, but my Kami never did, so occassionally there would be a bit of pee over the side....

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ahh, got it. Makes sense.
I'd consider one of those litter trackers but I haven't found one that actually works all that well.
Funny story, we had a foster half grown cat that grew up outdoors. Once he realized the litter box was a nice place to pee, he'd run over to it, get his front feet in it, and think "I feel the sand" then squat and pee with his entire rear end hanging out. :runaround:
:flail:I can see that might have happened with Feeby if I hadn't had a box 8" high!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I bought a NVRMiss for my arthritic cat. Entrance is only 5", sides are around 11" and floor dimensions are about 12" x 19". Its also great for "flingers"!
They say that the cat will turn sideways when it enters the box, but my Kami never did, so occassionally there would be a bit of pee over the side....
That's what Feeby would do! Only not occasionally, but every time.