How big should a 1 yrs old pee clumps bee?

saharahoshi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 1 yr old male who has larger pee clumps than my other cats that I've owned, will post a pic when I can get one. Our vet appt got rescheduled and we are defin. Going to do blood work, he just turned 1 in sept and is super active. Never owned this active or young a cat. Just curious as everything else seems normal plus we have the vet visit....

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on how much water he drinks. Since he's a male, be glad he's drinking enough water and won't get crystals. I mix water into Mingo's food, and his clumps can get quite large, the size of my hand.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have a 1 yr old male who has larger pee clumps than my other cats that I've owned,
I agree with DreamerRose DreamerRose . The more water intake, the more water output. Just like us hoomans. Young cats has weaker bladder muscles and thus pee more often and therefore you'll have more clumps. The more they pee in a day, the pee clumps are not that big. The less they pee in a day, the pee clumps are bigger.

As they grow older, putting all health issues aside, they have better bladder control and pee less times in a day and it also depends on the water intake.

My boy when he was a kitten, he pees 4 - 5 times a day and now he is coming to 5 years old, he pees once a day but in big big clumps and sometimes twice a day in smaller clumps.

Just keep an eye on your boy that he doesn't strain while peeing and not peeing blood. Give him lots of water to drink either by a water fountain or water bowl or add water to his wet food. Keep him hydrated at all times to reduce the risk of getting UTI.