How Big Is Your Cat?

wrenboii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat seems to be ~20 inches long!

I didn't realize how big he'd gotten. How big are your cats?

Furthermore, what carriers do you use? I purchased a large one that is 19 inches long and he fits but it looks uncomfortable. I prefer soft carriers because my home is really strapped for space.

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to get out the measuring tape and my adult cat Cali is about 16 1/2 inches long.
For Cali I use this carrier
https://www.chewy.com/petmate-two-door-top-load-pet-kennel/dp/53619
because I wanted something large enough for her to move around in and also I liked that it is top loading making it easier to get her into since she is not at all cooperative with getting in her carrier.
For the kitten I'll use a smaller Amazon Basics brand soft tote carrier.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Emerson is a long boy. He weighs 13 pounds, but is very, very lean. The vet did a double take when she weighed him because he looks much thinner than he apparently is! I can get my husband to measure him right quick.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: I love this picture! Your kitty definitely knows that carrier is his!!!
One might think it's too small for him, but, he goes in, turns around, and flops down. Curled up a little bit, but not anything uncomfortable.
And that size keeps him from going bonkers when he's in there. Which is a GOOD thing.
If he has room, he'll pace. I had one size larger and he had room to turn circles (pacing) and if he got excited it was horrible to carry.
Also, the size larger put my arm in enough of a more outward position. It was just enough to make him feel like 100 lbs.
This smaller one is much better. Keeps him calmer and is easier to carry.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My boy is somewhere around 20 inches long, but he's also TALL. I don't know if he even cares since he's yet another who hates vet trips with a passion which is to say comfort isn't on his mind, plus this might have been partially guilt on my part for putting him through that, but in order to provide him space enough to stand up or to sit up straight I obtained one of the big hardside carriers. It's a little challenging to carry but on the other hand, it has a bit more room available for managing the rodeo that ensues when getting him in it ;)

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that a bobcat?
Bobcat: Wild cat that's a member of the Lynx family found roaming the forests of North America. Hunts rabbits, squirrels, small rodents, birds, and have been known to take down deer when conditions are favorable. Life expectancy: 5 years or so.

Bobturd: Tame cat, member of the Lynx family found roaming my living room. Hunts tennis balls, purple fuzzy things, blankets, other various small objects, and has been known to take down sofa's and recliners when conditions are favorable. Life expectancy: Highly dependent on what I catch him eating next. :lol:

He's the latter. :flail: