How Best To Ensure Cats Smooth Transition To New Home

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone.

So it's just been confirmed that we will be moving in a couple of weeks. We are going from the west coast of Saudi to the middle. Not sure what our accommodation will be just yet. Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to settle our cats in to their new home. Ensure they don't run away trying to find their old home? We are the only home the kittens have ever known (now 9months old) but their mum was a compound stray before she moved in with us. They are currently indoor/outdoor cats but will probably keep them indoors only for the first week or 10 days when we move. 3 out of 5 kittens I have no worries about. They are very attached to me and my husband. The mother is also attached to us but due to her first year of life or so I'm more concerned and also 2 kittens follow her like lost puppies and 1 is not at all take. She is cross eyed and very fearful and timid. Thanks

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know the move went ok. The cats have all settled in to our new home and no one has tried to find their way back to The other side of Saudi Arabia! I think their being a family pack (or pride) has helped and also that we've had them all since kittens. They are very attached to us, me in particular. I'm currently building an outdoor enclosure for them as i have to travel for about a month soon and worry about them being outside when I'm not home. My husband is never very good at keeping them indoors because he is a sucker for their cries and pleas to be let out!