How bad is vegetable broth in wet food?

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats love Rawz canned food, and I wanted to feed them a duck or rabbit flavor but I noticed both of them has vegetable broth as the 2nd ingredient. I'm trying to be really careful in terms of ingredient so I was surprised to see such a thing from Rawz. So I would like you opinion on this ingredient! Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't worry about it. It's just broth. That is weird!
I just wanna be extra careful I guess lol I thought I saw a post somewhere about it might be not so good since you don't know the vegetables they used on it (could be onion/garlic/etc). I want to give them some different proteins but it's hard to find a brand without carbs and all the other fillers

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanna be extra careful I guess lol I thought I saw a post somewhere about it might be not so good since you don't know the vegetables they used on it (could be onion/garlic/etc). I want to give them some different proteins but it's hard to find a brand without carbs and all the other fillers
Rawz is the gold standard IBD food in the US — I doubt they use anything harmful in their formulations. If in doubt, definitely get in touch with them, though.

cylon.descendant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been curious about that ingredient in RAWZ, too. If you find anything out and don't mind updating us, I'd be interested to know!

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they use vegetable broth (instead of chicken broth that they use in their chicken formula) to make their food one protein food only; I'm guessing it wouldn't be practical nor even possible to use duck broth, rabbit broth etc for each of their recipes. I'm personally not worried at all with this, but in case your cat has allergies, I'd definitely ask them what exactly they use. But anyway, it's just flavored water, not the veggies itself.