How Are you Feeling Today?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know which thread to post this but I feel like having a pity party and need to vent.

I'm so flipping stressed out right now. The past two years have been rough and since Covid, I keep having one thing after another that really feels like it's stopping me from being able to recover from all the tings that have happened.
It all started with the terminal illnesses of my past three kitties, who, despite all our efforts and oodles of money, all ended up passing away within 2 months of each other. I honestly haven't really fully grieved their passing....
I then, because of that trauma, started losing my hair...and it's been two years and I'm still losing it intermittently...every time something else pops up, my hairs falls out again. Telogen Effluvium is what it's called. It's really hard to stop the cycle. Stress causes the hair to fall out, which of course stresses me out...
Then we had the death of my husbands Grandma, and that was really hard on him and his Dad.
I had a co-worker that made my life hell (she's gone now thank god).
We also adopted 3 new kitties and THAT was trying as two of them were sick and it took months and more moolah to get them better.
Then Covid hit. And besides the normal worry about this virus. Both my husband and I were out of work for over three months. Now granted I needed the break, but it still brought on other worries like money and if my husbands business would even survive.
And of course during the lock down, we discovered carpenter ants in my walls, which led to finding that we had water damage. And due to the shortage of supplies and the fact that every single carpenter/contractor/roofer is backed way up from the lock down, we STILL can't get anyone out to fix or even assess the possible damage.
Oh and my Stepdad was diagnosed with cancer and had to undergo surgery during the lock down as well. Thankfully, it seems like they got it all and he'll be fine.
Our Lily started over grooming again due to separation anxiety from us going back to work...she seems like she's getting better but i still feel bad.
My husband has also been stressed with things about the business, so of course I feel his pain too. It will survive, but he's pretty discouraged with all the work he did to build it up, to now having to do it all over again. It was a relatively new business when it all hit the fan.
Then of course there is all the flipping work and protocols we had to implement at my work (I'm in health care/physical therapy).
And now? I get notice that I'm being audited by my regulating college. It's always been a random selection type thing, but of course it had to be me this year! And with all the changes and new things we've implemented. And that we are trying to go completely digital...from the outside, things look kinda all over the place and I'm so worried that it will look like we are disorganized and may be missing things. And because this is going to be a virtual audit, I'm extra worried because I'm extremely technologically challenged. There is a lot of prep work involved, and I have no idea what I'm doing.
I have a feeling in the next couple weeks my hair is going to fall out again....it seems to already been falling out more than before.
My arthritis is acting up with the change in weather, so I'm in pain every day and I've had a wicked headache on and off foooooorrrrr...2 years now? I'm exhausted but can't sleep. My stomach has been in knots since this whole audit thing, and I feel nauseated most days this past week...I actually threw up yesterday...
And now? I think I've stressed myself out so much that I'm getting sick...and THAT brings about a whole other can of worms because of all the covid protocols and my work. I hope I'm just feeling this way because I'm sleep deprived and not because I'm coming down with something. It's hard to tell because I do have fall allergies...which have been worse this year.

And you wanna know the sad part? I haven't even told you guys about all the things that have happened of the course of these two years...just the ones that really stood out.
So yeah, I'm at my wits end...but of course still put my happy face on a keep trudging along. Most wouldn't even know that my head is about to explode.
Anyway, if you read this far....you're a trooper!
Thanks for listening.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did some chores that don't happen weekly like some others. Vacuumed the kitchen floor and the basement stairs. Kitchen floor had crumbs, leaves, etc on it and the steps had kitty litter.

I really wish I had picked up some Starter Logs at the store last week. Today would have been a great day for a fire in the fireplace. Rainy and 51*.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
im feeling great . i shipped some clothes to my family down in Texas ... i almost didnt have enough money to send the box ... :runningcat:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a lot done yesterday so I am feeling pretty optimistic that day will be a fairly relaxing day.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
today is a great day for me . im feeling better and have been doing light chores around the apartment ..... im confident that i will get most everything done today

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
today was sort of a mixed bag for me . i slept until 330pm and have been sort of busy and sort of resting throughout the night . i need to work on some orders for my cat toys but just dont have the motivation