How about those Giants!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AND the RANGERS! I can't believe it!

There was a prominent sports doctor some years ago who said the Rangers would never make it to the world series until they got a covered stadium. His reasoning was that the July and August heat just took too much out of them every year.

In fact, the prominent radio station in our area used to put out a calender that had a date in August that said, "Have the Rangers folded yet?"

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hooray! I'm so glad they won, as I'd hate for the Rangers to have to play Philly.
See you in SF!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My wife may have to drive a shuttle bus for some of the weekend games in TX.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a Rockies fan, so it's definitely not in my nature to root for the Giants, but I'm sick of seeing Philly in the playoffs so I was pulling for SF! I'm hoping Texas wins the WS though.

I love baseball, the day after the WS ends is always the saddest day of the year...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would you be impressed to know I grew up as a Denver Bears fan?

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am impressed! My elementary school used to have Bears promotions where we could get free tickets for good report cards. My older brother was an Expos fan for years and years because the Bears were their farm team back in the day.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I live on the East Coast and Philly isn't all that far away from me, I was rooting for the Philly's. I will now tho root for the Giants since I have always been a National Leaguer and of course want them to win the WS. I am just so happy tho that the Yankees lost to the Rangers and if the Rangers win, I won't feel too bad. My team, the St. Louis Cardinals weren't in it this year which doesn't happen often, they are always in the post season.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really watch baseball (I don't watch TV at all for that matter) but I will be rooting for SF. Afterall, I am a California Girl!
Even though I don't fit the "image" of a California Girl of Beach Boys fame. I am not a tall, tanned, thin, blue-eyed blonde. I am a short, pale, plump, greenish brown eyed brunette.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yeah. Great. (I'm a Phillies fan!
)

Seriously, they played a great game.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

The underdogs triumph. SF to the series!
My best friend who lives in SF and I, who live 1/12 mile from Dallas have been awaiting for over forty years for the much fabled Cowboy 49er championship game. Looks like we will finally have our much awaited rivalry, just in another form,

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the Giants and Rangers made it to the World Series. I have family in Philly and NJ. No disrepect to them and their Phillies but they just won it recently, and I can't stomach the Yankees. I'd like to see the Rangers win it.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Giants fans!!!

I'm going to really like this series! I'm a Mets fan, so my two most disliked teams are the Phillies and the Yankees.

It's so nice to have someone new in the WS! YAY!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I am dissappointed the Phillies aren't in it, but I will root for the Giants for political reasons. Let's see, gay marriage, legal marijuana, vs. , well, you know. Bush and all that. death penalty, etc.

It's a no brainer for me. Go Giants!!!

Oh, and I like Lucerno(sp?) too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

San Francisco all the way baby...go National League.
That's funny because every time I see your name I think of Tony La Russa, former manager of my beloved Oakland A's who basically have been awful the past few years.
Wish there was another Bay Bridge series but then again there was a nasty earthquake during the last one.