Houston Foster Needed For Mom With Three Babies

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for anyone who does rescues in the Houston area. I do trapping for a rescue organization that does TNR and some adoptions. I have overwhelmed them with kittens and injured cats, so they can not take in anymore at this time. I found a young stray tame torte mom cat with three little orange babies that need to be rescued. I will catch them if I can find a foster for them.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Any luck yet? SIGH...I'm in NC, and NO use to you at all, but keeping fingers crossed that a fosterer can be found for this little family!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No luck and I just found another bunch of kittens who live behind a dumpster. I'm sad I can't help.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
May I post your need on a cat site I belong to on FB? They can contact me, and I'll pass information on to you.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, thank you!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll get it done this evening. Dunno if it will help, but spreading the word can't hurt.

Jason607

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you ever considered posting on Craigslist? It has a larger base of locals searching for pets there then this website. One of those people may consider adopting them if you put up some good pictures and are quick to answer phone calls.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever considered posting on Craigslist? It has a larger base of locals searching for pets there then this website. One of those people may consider adopting them if you put up some good pictures and are quick to answer phone calls.
I hear horror stories of people selling them to labs and torturing them, so I have been afraid to do that.

Jason607

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hear horror stories of people selling them to labs and torturing them, so I have been afraid to do that.
I have heard the horror stories as well so I put in the extra effort when I couldn't find a home by any other means for two bunnies. I had a situation where we were forced to foster them. If we didn't they would have gone to a shelter. We wanted them to go to a good home and did not want them to become a child's plaything. Plus they loved each other so whoever took them needed to take both. After a few weeks of no luck I resorted to Craigslist. I heard horror stories of how people will buy cheap bunnies to use them as snake food.

So what I did was list them for a price that would deter all the people that are looking for pet food. When I found someone willing to buy them I let him know that the price was there just to deter casual pet adopters. I asked him if it was OK for me to do a home visit. I told him if I was satisfied he could have them for free. I did the visit and they turned out to be serious bunny lovers with other bunnies in the house. So we let them have the bunnies for free. The guy and his wife were so nice that they even offered to send us updates with pictures of the bunnies.

You could do something similar and offer them at a price where anyone wishing to do harm will not even contact you. Once you find someone serious ask to do a home visit before letting them adopt the kittens. As it stands they are going to be stray kittens. If you cant find any other way to adopt them out it may be worth a shot to use Craigslist. You may end up finding some wonderful people who adopt the kittens. You just have to screen everyone carefully. Its a bit of work but it will be worth it to get the babies a good home. I have used it over the years for purchase/selling and have not ran into anyone weird so far.

Last edited:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a good idea. It's hard for me to do a home visit since I don't have a car. I'm going to give it some thought. Thanks for the good suggestion.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking for anyone who does rescues in the Houston area. I do trapping for a rescue organization that does TNR and some adoptions. I have overwhelmed them with kittens and injured cats, so they can not take in anymore at this time. I found a young stray tame torte mom cat with three little orange babies that need to be rescued. I will catch them if I can find a foster for them.
Hi! I am also a houstonIan. Post them on Houston Area Cats and Kittens. There are volunteers on that site that could help you. Contact Operations Pets Alive, AdoptaPet, friends for life. Join Next Door. Take them to Petsmart or Petco through a rescue. Since you do not have a car a rescue can help you out with transportation

Last edited:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got permission from my rescue to catch the kittens by the dumpster. I caught three of them. I'm guessing they are around five weeks old. They will go to the vet this week and when they are old enough, to a shelter. I do still need to find a foster for the mom and three babies. There are around ten pregnant females that need to be fixed, I would love help to get them fixed before they give birth.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I got permission from my rescue to catch the kittens by the dumpster. I caught three of them. I'm guessing they are around five weeks old. They will go to the vet this week and when they are old enough, to a shelter. I do still need to find a foster for the mom and three babies. There are around ten pregnant females that need to be fixed, I would love help to get them fixed before they give birth.
Are there more that need trapped? Does the rescue help you take them to snap or cap?

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are there more that need trapped? Does the rescue help you take them to snap or cap?
Yes, there is more kittens. They are difficult to get to because they live behind a locked fence. But they come out to eat at the dumpster, where I can catch them. The rescue lady I work with takes them to her vet to get fixed. The shelter they use is CAP's.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My internet connection went down last night, so I didn't get to post your need until this morning. Hopefully one of the members on my FB group will be in the area and able to assist, as well. I'll check here in a bit.