Household Items

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides the constant cat food and litter, there are some items we all absolutely must keep in stock.

For me, it's paper towels, cream of mushroom soup, pens, pencils, and notepads, Dr. Pepper, milk, bread, and facial tissue (Puffs).

Not counting cat things or toilet paper, what are some things you make sure to keep in stock at your house?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great topic! :clap:

There are some similarities on our lists. At my house, it's Bounty paper towels, salt, V8 or tomato juice, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, Ragu pizza sauce (which is makes a quick, delicious spaghetti sauce - just add a little water :wink:), spaghetti noodles, cheese, chocolate, all kind of fruits, pens, notebooks, toothpaste, toothbrushes, liquid hand soap, Ivory soap for DH, B&B body wash, and as many bottles of shampoo and conditioner as I can get my hands on.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger ale, Progresso soup (especially the chicken and homestyle noodles :yummy:), ice cream, Marie Callender's pot pies, shampoo, and chocolate.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are things I never run out of or of which I have a backup supply: Toothpaste, flour, sugar, rice, tea, potatoes, chicken, black beans, chickpeas, yeast, cheese, lettuce, carrots, onions, laundry soap, dish soap, salt, pepper, Adobo seasoning, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.

I try to not run out of bread, but, I have. I make bread often, though, so if I knew ahead of time and could not go to the store, I would be fine.

My largest backup supply is of toothpaste. I do not know why, but I usually keep no less than 10 on hand.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In addition to many already mentioned, I keep a jar of mayo on the shelf as well as green sliced olives (for salads), bar soap (I use it to scent the closet and my drawers), and Kleenex. My nose runs constantly, so I keep boxes all around the house. I also keep a half loaf of bread in the freezer.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My largest backup supply is of toothpaste. I do not know why, but I usually keep no less than 10 on hand.
I'm the same with deodorant for some reason. My OH recently cleaned out the closet that we keep our backstock of toiletries in. She was informing me that I had 8 bottles of deodorant as I unpacked the groceries that contained-you guessed it-another bottle of deodorant!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the same with deodorant for some reason. My OH recently cleaned out the closet that we keep our backstock of toiletries in. She was informing me that I had 8 bottles of deodorant as I unpacked the groceries that contained-you guessed it-another bottle of deodorant!
I should add that to my list! I keep three on hand and one in use.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coffee, creamer tea, sugar and Arrowhead water.
I would go crazy without these things.

ETA: Forgot bandages. I go through a lot of them.

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, this is going to be a long list! I'm also a sale and coupon shopper so I always stock up.
TOILETRIES - facial tissue, mousse, conditioner, body wash, Ivory soap, antiperspirant, tooth paste, feminine products, chap stick...and probably a few more I can't think of.
FOOD - pop (not picky), chips, cookies, mayo, oil, vinegar, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, rice, pasta, olives, pickles, onions, ground beef, chicken breast, coffee, cream, sugar, flour...(baking essentials), tea, cheese, ...and I'm sure many more.
OTHER - tums (for hubby), ibuprophen, tylenol, laundry detergent, dish soap....and again probably way more.
I don't like to run out of anything really:rolleyes:, so when something is on for a good deal I stock up, so far I've never had to throw anything out because I had too much or it went bad, so I'm going to continue to by bulk/sale/coupon shop. At the end of the year I end up saving quite a bit by doing this.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I have drank v8 Fusion+Energy Drinks in Pomegranate Blueberry almost every day since high school (I'm 25 now), so I always have a case on hand! I'm afraid they will eventually stop making them; I still don't know how they have held on like they have. I swear I am keeping that industry alive, I don't know anyone else that drinks them!

We always have extra toothpaste, extra floss, Dr. Pepper/Mountain Dew (husband's preferred drinks), and Reese's peanut butter cups (husband's absolute favorite treat).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since T.P. doesn't count I make sure not to run out of these foods: whole coffee beans (not ground), almond milk, oatmeal, yogurt, pasta, pretzels, nuts, brown rice, fresh & frozen veggies, fruit. Toiletries: toothpaste, shampoo, lotion, laundry & dish detergent, bath & hand soap, tissues and, last but not least, lip gloss.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Paper towels, toilet paper, light bulbs, batteries, kitchen sponges and cleaners, dishwasher soap, hand soap, Caffeine free Diet Dr. Pepper, Kleenex, bottled water for coffee maker, coffee and creamer and of course Willow food.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
heh, along with most of the things mentioned above,
butter --in just about every form;

tub, stick, spray, and shortening, and vegetable oil and spray :thumbsup:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i only 'stock up', if they're items i buy in bulk. other items, i'll make sure i have an extra on hand. and there are quite a number of items i buy once each year, in bulk.

so i always have the items i buy in bulk on hand. i like to have an extra jar or two of mustard and mayo on hand. i like to have milk, american cheese slices, carrots, celery, onions (they're chopped, and then frozen in snack size zipper bags), a few jars of peanut butter, a few jars of sweet bread & butter pickle slices, and tea bags. then there's toilet paper, paper towels, simple green, printer paper and ink cartridges, pens, paper, dishwashing liquid.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Mouthwash, toothpaste, paper plates, water, laundry detergent, deodorant, napkins.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In terms of edible/drinkable items we always make sure we're not lacking in milk, tea and instant coffee.
Other items we like to keep stock of are soap, toothpaste, washing up liquid, and kitchen towels.