Hot to tell your a Cat Lover

myfirstragdoll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dodging around cages and stepping over toys (in every room) doesn't strike you as inconvenient. Or even unusual.

You do a remarkable fandango any time you feel anything remotely tail-like under your foot, trying not to step on it.

Your usual sleeping position resembles an Egyptian hieroglyph, trying to fit around all the cats in the bed.

Someone asks if you live alone and you blurt "Oh no, I have six cats!"

Every magnet on the fridge is a cat, pawprint, or spay/neuter motif.

You autopilot to the pet-food section of the supermarket even if you don't need any.

On a cold morning, you wake up under a combined weight of 35 lbs or more.

You wake at dawn to feed everyone without a murmur, but Heaven help the telephone caller that wakes you before the alarm does.

You routinely mishear your spouse in the same room, but you can hear a faint kitten mew the length of the house. And you can tell which kitten said it.

You can tell who climbed onto the bed in the dark by how much or little the mattress sags.

The furniture is arranged so the seniors can still climb to their high spots, and to heck with how it looks.

When you announce "Bedtime, everyone", you've got about 10 seconds to jump in if you don't want to wind up on the edge.

You can pick out a sofa in 20 minutes, but pore over kitty 'furniture' for hours.

You usually choose plastic grocery bags at the store, but every so often you choose paper so the kitties will have a new one to play with.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are more willing to wipe their poopy butts than one belonging to a close family member.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kind of scary how many of these apply, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyFirstRagdoll

Someone asks if you live alone and you blurt "Oh no, I have four cats!"

You can tell who climbed onto the bed in the dark by how much or little the mattress sags.

You usually choose plastic grocery bags at the store, but every so often you choose paper so the kitties will have a new one to play with.
these 3 in particular for me - i even changed one slightly to reflect the truth!

eupnea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh man. the pet department one is me.

I think its because I promised not to buy any more clothes... so I spoil the cats instead!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh my word, as I was reading I was thinking, ok I need to quote that one...that one.....that one and now I realise all of them apply to me.

I especially liked the one about stepping on anything remotely tail like, I get such a fright and its very rarely a tail!