Hot Spots/safe Topicals/releaving The Itchiness

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved to LA from the midwest a year ago and my cat is having a rough time adjusting to the allergens in the environment. Vet gave her antibiotics and antinflammatories for when she gets bad but aside from keeping her on these meds all time time, is there anything that can maintain her itchiness on a more natural basis? He said she will always flare up like this. But at 16 years i would lile her to be more comfortable.

Would the bags of chamomile tea help in this case? I forget who always mentions using that... I know if I apply anything else topically she will just lick it off but the hot spots are red and itchy. Again she IS currently on meds I am looking for a more natural long term solution until I move back to the midwest.

Thanks!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What can I say? I'm a fool for an herb. Well, any natural remedy, actually...unless we are talking about infections or disease. In that case, BRING ON THE PHARMACEUTICALS! They are far more powerful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah great! So chamomile tea bags from the grocery store. Tea bags specifically not the sachets right?