Horses, Horses, HORSES!

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by horseygal90

^^ Look at that sweet face! She's beautiful
Thank you, she's got to be one of the sweetest horses I've ever met. I'm really lucky to have gotten her.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Celeste8540

Thank you, she's got to be one of the sweetest horses I've ever met. I'm really lucky to have gotten her.
She's a beauty for sure!!!
I'm in love!!! If she disappears....

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

She's a beauty for sure!!!
I'm in love!!! If she disappears....
LOL you can have her (I might change my mind tomorrow). I fell off this evening

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Celeste8540

LOL you can have her (I might change my mind tomorrow). I fell off this evening
Hmmmm...

Hope you didn't get hurt too bad...what happened???

celeste8540

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Hmmmm...

Hope you didn't get hurt too bad...what happened???
I got a new saddle yesterday (aussie) and wanted to try it out today, check the fit and what not. I went to get her and she was being a ***** and was really crabby the whole time about fitting the saddle. This was my first sign I shouldn't have taken her out, she's never crabby. I rode her around in the arena and all was well after I played mix and match tack with that stupid saddle and my English saddle, I guess at 5'7" I'm still to short to get stirrup leathers that I can ride in... I thought a quick trail ride would be ok, just to kinda test the way she and I felt about the saddle. We're cantering along and she jerked off the path and into some grass really fast which scared a cat (or something dark and cat sized, I only got a glimpse on my way to the groung), out from under her... she spun around so fast I went right off the side except that my foot got stuck in the ridiculously wide stirrups they sent with the saddle... Anyway I fell on my hip and she just kinda walked away from me. She should be a reining or barrel horse, really she's great at barrels when I play around with them. I've never encountered a horse that can spin like a ballerina before. I mainly ride in groups when I leave the farm and for the most part she's better behaved then. I'll be all right in a couple days, all in all it wasn't that bad, I wear a helmet

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you didn't get too badly injured!! Hope she behaves herself next time around...Lol!!!

My boy did almost the same exact thing last fall when we were riding; I ride bareback almost 80% of the time that I ride, so I had no stirrups to get caught in, but it was still a 'shocking experience'!! We had been on a long trail ride by ourselves and had passed a bunch of those dopey flag markers that utility workers put out, and he was fine...then we came up to some different colored ones, and he got kinda uppity about those, then the wind blew as we were going by the 'scarey ones' and he did a fantastic rollback...only I wasn't quite ready for it, and he slid right out from under me!!! I was so embarrassed, cause we were next to a fairly busy highway, and people were slowing down...we almost caused a 'gawker traffic jam'!!!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tacia is gorgeous!

Are you riding her since that picture was taken???

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hiya, I haven't ridden her as she has only been under training for one week. She's three years old as of March. She'll stay grey for a few years but will eventually turn grey-white.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

Hiya, I haven't ridden her as she has only been under training for one week. She's three years old as of March. She'll stay grey for a few years but will eventually turn grey-white.

She is gorgeous!!! Good luck with her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What beautiful horsies!!

OMG, when I went riding on Saturday it was literally a dream come true. All of the big horses were off on a hack, so...

I RODE MONTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

It was awesome.

I was so happy that the silly moo who owned the place said I could ride him, I literally cried

<<<<< I was on that allllllll day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

that's so wonderful!!!! I can't believe she lets you ride him on days the other horses were busy
I know, I was just expecting her to say there was no-one for me to ride

I'm looking forward to Saturday even more now, but deep down I know that that was probably just a one-off