Horses anyone????

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So who of our cat crazy people have horses?

I own a 7 year old Quarter Horse Arabian cross gelding named Pride; I got him as a 5 year old. His ground work was very incomplete, and he was very skittish around people. But I wanted a project horse so he fit the bill perfectly! He is now a completely different horse...very loving towards people, and is a very confident riding partner.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, honestly, horses are my first love, but I haven't been able to afford one yet. I know there are a few people here who have horses, but I just wanted to tell you again how gorgeous Pride is and you sound like a great trainer to have turned him around like that. Hmmmm...if I get a horse, can I send him to you to train??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm...not sure on that one; you're too far away!!! Haha! In all seriousness, I make the owners have active participation in the training of their horses...it does no good for me to do all the training and bonding with their horse, and then the horse has no clue who his owner is!Lol! I have the owner there to help work with his horse as I train him, and show him what to do too.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My MIL and I have 3 horses. She owns them but I take care of them and ride with her. One is her daughters we are just keeping her here for now. I wish I had a pic of her.

This is Uzana

Jezebel

This was my baby, Nikadeamus, but I sold him to some one better qualified to deal with severe feet problems. He was so skinny and covered with rainrott when I got him from an auction.

Mabey I will have to take some of Niketa tomorrow

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i love horses, its a motorcycle with legs eheh.
i had uncle in WVA that up until the last few years always had a couple. would go down and take them for rides.

Also there used to be some places around here where you could rent them. It was a nice way to spend a couple of hours in the woods.

I have the room to have one, But i would not be able to take care of him the way they should be, so i do not get.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooooo ME ME ME ME!!!!! I'm more of a crazy horse horse lady than cat lady, this site has MUCH nicer people than any horse forum site!!!!
I couldn't love it here more!

But here are ours!!! (the black and the bay are due this MAY!!!
)
Skippy, Holly, Bonnet, Princess

The paint is my baby!!!

My little sis's horse

My sister and I on our horses

Our black mare is 16 hands tall!!!! I'm 5'6'' and I can't see over her back! Look how tiny my saddle is on her!!!! (she's shedding out so she looks awful in this picture)

Little sis on my old girl (21 years, same as me!!!)

Skippy will be sad if I leave her out of a close up, so here's one of her!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an 8 year old Mustang gelding that I just adopted a couple weeks ago. His name is Memphis.

Also, John's dad has 5 horses that live here as well that I help to take care of. These are the only pics of them I could find at the moment, but I know I have better ones somewhere.

Thunder - Belgian gelding:

Nick - Clydesdale stallion:

Jack - Clydesdale gelding:

Boomer - Belgian gelding:

Bob - Belgian gelding:

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW...everyone has such beautiful horses
...I love to ride, but unfortunately our horses are Thoroughbred Race horses so I can't ride them

Our Broodmare is Exhibit she is Mom to
TiamoBella
who is in training now, she bucked her shins so she had a little setback...bound to happen though! She will race this Spring.
Also 2 others a filly and a colt...yet to be named. They are sired by Slew City Slew...his Daddy was Seattle Slew...But he's not the horse his Daddy was

Tiamo Bella when she was younger, I haven't taken pics in a while
I love the spot on her back
...Her Dad was Silver (Silver Ghost)

Exhibit and one of the recent babies can't remember which one

Exhibit and another one of the babies

saraharizona

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sterling, Virginia (Far Western D.C. suburbs)
I am a lifetime horse lover! Growing up in Arizona, I first had a Morgan/Welsh pony cross named Ginger. She was a feisty, wise little pony. Then I had a bay quarter horse mare, Starbright, whom I showed for years. I haven't had a horse since living in the D.C. area (20+ years) but ride whenever I can and some day I WILL have horses in my life again. All of your horses are beautiful - I'm so jealous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lovely looking horses everyone!!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always loved horses, and ridden for most of my life. I was never able to own one till I came here, when my intention was to get a couple of riding ponies, maybe Connemaras or Welsh cobs, for me and my daughter. And what happened? I ended up rescuing two Shetland ponies, one of whom was in foal. So now I have three, too small for me to ride, but I love them dearly. To buy a riding pony, I would need more land, and that may be a possibility in the future.

Here I am with Tiffin, when he was one week old.

Here are Maisie, his mother, and Tartine, his older sister. Tartine has been rolling in the mud.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These were babies pre-university, then I had to choose between them and school........so sad.

Anyways
Master Frederick. He was my TB show horse. I had him from the time he was 2-7.

And storm, My tennesse walker. He was a rescue, he is gorgeous and a really nice guy but his gait was destroyed by a field trialer.....but a sweety none the less.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

My MIL and I have 3 horses. She owns them but I take care of them and ride with her. One is her daughters we are just keeping her here for now. I wish I had a pic of her.

This is Uzana

Jezebel

This was my baby, Nikadeamus, but I sold him to some one better qualified to deal with severe feet problems. He was so skinny and covered with rainrott when I got him from an auction.

Mabey I will have to take some of Niketa tomorrow
I had to take pics of Niketa. She is a barrel racer, and I haven't riden her yet, I can't wait to! She is my SIL's horse, but she moved to NY, so we just take care of her too.

I think she is so pretty, look at that tail!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, these pics are beautiful. I have always loved horses but its not an easy thing to do around here (riding that it). Its expensive

They are amazing creatures though...you are some lucky folks!

olivia's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two horses. My Morgan mare Sonata will be 22 this month. She was my first horse and we have come a long way together.

Here she is with with her buddy Mariah. Sun is the bay.

Toby is my soon to be 7 Gypsy Cob gelding. He is quite a charmer and very much an in your pocket kinda guy.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's it.....faith's mom.....your in MN, I'm coming to visit you!

Love horses, but if I want one, I have to find a neighbor that owns one & hope they'll take me in.