Horrible news! Anyone remember Rosemary/Butzie?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no I'm so sad to hear she chose to end her life
I remember her posts, and I remember hearing about her dating and having wonderful neighbors after her divorce. She must have been going through so much, and desperately trying to find ways to cope, and looking for new friends. In my experience of breaking up, it's so easy to start looking for new friendships and relationships only to find out that they mean so little to you, and you can never be as close to anyone as you were with the person you lost. This just came to mind because I always got the sense from her posts that she was lonely, even though she didn't lack friends or people in her life. She was always very positive and happy sounding, but I think it's common for some people with depression to put on a happy face for everyone they communicate with.
She found peace now, but I'm so sorry that she wasn't able to find peace while she was still with us

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just speechless right now. I was shocked to hear she passed away, but I was thinking heart attack or stroke...not suicide. My heart is breaking for her now. She seemed so happy with her life, and like someone else said "so FULL of life" that this just shocks me. But I guess she had to put up a good front for everyone. It just hurts me to think she was in so much pain and we didn't even know.

My heart and prayers go out to her family at this time.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so shocked and saddened to read this.

Rosemary was one of the very first to welcome me when I first joined TCS. She made a point of saying that she had spent time in Yonkers and around NYC, and was quick to give me a little "NY Pizza" gift icon. I never forgot that about her.

So sad that there was so much emotional pain that she chose to end her life. I hope her pets are okay.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is sad that she made this choice.

One thing that I noticed was that after she left her husband she stopped talking about her son. It was like she left him behind in the divorce.

It's like he lost his mother twice. I hope that he is doing OK

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh. My. Gosh! Now, I never knew Rosemary as much as most of you but I had seen her around TCS quite a lot, I just cannot believe that she committed suicide, my prayers and condolences to her family and her friends.

Rest in Peace Rosemary, you are finally at peace.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still so shocked by it, I didn't realise how down she must of been, she seemed so upbeat talking about her dates

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How unbelievably tragic. My thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family. May she rest in peace.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her poor poor children. What terrible news. My heart is with her and her family.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
How terrible. I did not know Rosemary well, but knew of her from her posts (and Butzie). Her family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Whenever I hear of a suicide, I always think of what DH days about suicide: they don't want to actually die, but they want the pain to stop--and it's the only way to ensure that it does. I've know quite a few people who chose this way to make the pain stop, and it haunts me to this day.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't stop thinking about this. She was always so upbeat and happy in her posts. I hope that if anyone in Rosemary's family ever happens upon this thread, they'll know how much we cared for her, how much we enjoyed talking with her, and how much we'll miss her. My heart is breaking for her family.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Rosemary.

Does anybody know what happened to Butzie and her birds. I hope they are in safe loving homes

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I can't stop thinking about this. She was always so upbeat and happy in her posts. I hope that if anyone in Rosemary's family ever happens upon this thread, they'll know how much we cared for her, how much we enjoyed talking with her, and how much we'll miss her. My heart is breaking for her family.
I can't stop thinking about this, either. I remember asking Rosemary once if she was a Dodgers fan, since one of her birds was named Sandy Koufax. The pic of her with Rickey Henderson reminded me just how big an A's fan she was. I always enjoyed her posts; I can't believe she's gone.
I, too, hope someone in her family knows how much Rosemary meant to us here. I keep asking myself if there was somethng we could have done; of course, I know there wasn't, but it bothers me so much.

I sincerely Rosemary has found the peace she was seeking.