Horrible eBay experience

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have to watch it. A lot of the high volume dealers on eBay are drop-shippers, the "middle-man." I try not to deal with drop-shippers, why should I? Nine times out of ten I can find the item elsewhere online for the same price --- or less! I also try not to deal with vendors with less than about 99% feedback, and I will check all the negs they've gotten for the last year. A lot of times, you can check those negs and backtrack and figure out if the person giving the neg had a legitimate complaint, or was just clueless. Sometimes you have to give the vendor the benefit of the doubt. If 99% of the feedback says "fast shipping, great communication" and then you've got one that comes in and says "would not answer e-mails" out of several hundred feedback, my suspicion is that that person's e-mails either were not being received by the vendor, or the vendor's replies were not being received. E-mail is NOT 100% reliable. Last week I had several just flat disappear into cyberspace.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Non paying bidder.

No she has no right to. But she can. thats why I suggested if she DOES there are ways you can fix it, but fileing with ebay that it was relalitory Ie she claimed neg because you filed for a refund. and they will remove it.
There are no longer any Non Paying Bidder Alerts. They have changed the sytem to accomodate a more mutual experience: Its now the "Unpaid Item Dispute".
You file one and then the buyer/seller must respond and you decide if you can resolve it amicably.

If you can't, you can also "hire" an Ebay Mediator who will help you to resolve it. But I have never had to to do this.

And Paypal has become 100 % guaranteed as of recently so its the BEST way to pay. Ultimately, the new rule is that the onus of proof is on the receiver of the funds/seller to prove that they are right. Only in the rarest events will Paypal not refund the buyer. Its like buying insurance so I recommend using
it over other payment methods.

I think its just good customer service and good for your feedback to refund an unsatisfied customer (as long as the item is returned in same condition).
Its silly for her to argue over one transaction..

You shouldn't have any trouble getting your refund (but I do recommend getting tracking or delivery confirmation on the parcel you send back to her)

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you pay with PayPal? If you paid with PayPal, you can contact them. They will get your money back for you, if there is a problem with your item. I've had to get a refund once and PayPal got it for me.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

There are no longer any Non Paying Bidder Alerts. They have changed the sytem to accomodate a more mutual experience: Its now the "Unpaid Item Dispute".
You file one and then the buyer/seller must respond and you decide if you can resolve it amicably.

If you can't, you can also "hire" an Ebay Mediator who will help you to resolve it. But I have never had to to do this.

And Paypal has become 100 % guaranteed as of recently so its the BEST way to pay. Ultimately, the new rule is that the onus of proof is on the receiver of the funds/seller to prove that they are right. Only in the rarest events will Paypal not refund the buyer. Its like buying insurance so I recommend using
it over other payment methods.

I think its just good customer service and good for your feedback to refund an unsatisfied customer (as long as the item is returned in same condition).
Its silly for her to argue over one transaction..

You shouldn't have any trouble getting your refund (but I do recommend getting tracking or delivery confirmation on the parcel you send back to her)
well its been a long time since my NPB and i list every week. I am way behind this week because i have been shampooing carpets. I agree on refunds, but..to an extent..some people really are just trying to scamthey wont send it back..ect or they didnt ready the item descrip.

amandaofcols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The only trouble I've ever had was when we were selling 2 cars on E-Bay, a 69 Camaro project car and a heavy duty Ford truck frame. The first guy came out and found some damage on the car we didn't notice, so he didn't buy which was fine, but we relisted and the guy that won the 2nd time came up with some lame excuse about how his friend was using his e-bay account but didn't have any money so they couldn't buy the car... We got E-Bay involved, but were greatly disappointed when we were basically told there was nothing they could do...

The truck frame, the high bidder on it took over 2 months to come get and pay for the frame!! I was SOOOOOOOOO mad!!!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

well its been a long time since my NPB and i list every week. I am way behind this week because i have been shampooing carpets. I agree on refunds, but..to an extent..some people really are just trying to scamthey wont send it back..ect or they didnt ready the item descrip.
Most of my ebay is via work (don't have enough time at home to do my own more than I would like !
and I file a dispute about once a month or every couple of months..But that isn't bad considering I deal with 3 different accounts daily with multiple listings.

I agree that some people are just trying to $crew you somehow and you wonder how they have the time to think up these scenario scams...A customer bought some vintage albums awhile back, keyed up the albums which were in nice condition before and then sent back the album without the cover! argh...There are alot of slow payers, alot of fast payers, some nice people to deal with and some bad apples...But overall, I think its a fair playing field and for the most part, people seem reputable...This is what I like to believe anyway

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Most of my ebay is via work (don't have enough time at home to do my own more than I would like !
and I file a dispute about once a month or every couple of months..But that isn't bad considering I deal with 3 different accounts daily with multiple listings.

I agree that some people are just trying to $crew you somehow and you wonder how they have the time to think up these scenario scams...A customer bought some vintage albums awhile back, keyed up the albums which were in nice condition before and then sent back the album without the cover! argh...There are alot of slow payers, alot of fast payers, some nice people to deal with and some bad apples...But overall, I think its a fair playing field and for the most part, people seem reputable...This is what I like to believe anyway
I agree with you. the account i use now is realtively new for me (under a year old) but i have alot of feed back already and its still 100% I think it makes it all simple said and done. the only problem i have had on my new account was one guy bought something, but didnt read my payment terms than tried to back out..he even left me a postive feedback LMAO

I was nice enough and just filed to get my fees back. I however didnt leave him any feedback

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My only bad experience was when i bought soething the vendor didnt even have in stock. i had to wait for them to restock it so i could get what i paid for. i left negative feedback becuase why are they selling what they dont have in stock. i think it is just who you deal with. make sure you read feedback before you bid..

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was nice enough and just filed to get my fees back. I however didnt leave him any feedback
I always wonder about the feedback..
We have a 99.8% (the .02 due to a neutral we received once as there was a misunderstanding and the problem was then resolved) but for bad ebayer's I don't leave any feedback at all either (neither neg or pos) due to the fact that they can then follow up and leave you negative and the cycle just goes on and on...But for those people you don't leave negative for, their item stays up there seemingly forever. How long does it take for those to dissapear from your feedback list? Anyone? Not that its highly important..just wondering..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I always wonder about the feedback..
We have a 99.8% (the .02 due to a neutral we received once as there was a misunderstanding and the problem was then resolved) but for bad ebayer's I don't leave any feedback at all either (neither neg or pos) due to the fact that they can then follow up and leave you negative and the cycle just goes on and on...But for those people you don't leave negative for, their item stays up there seemingly forever. How long does it take for those to dissapear from your feedback list? Anyone? Not that its highly important..just wondering..
i have no clue. I do know some sellers will wait until the very last minute they can leave feedback than leave the neg heh

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only negative experience I've had on Ebay was when I was selling some of my collectible Barbies. One of the buyers was a pain from the time she won the auction - insisting that it be shipped like within 10 minutes (it seemed like it!), getting mad because I had my husband take the package to the UPS drop (WHAT? Why didn't you ship it yourself? You said YOU were going to ship it! It is unacceptable for you to have someone else ship your package (That was basically the email from her)). Then to top it all off, after the box was delivered, she claimed she never got it and demanded to be refunded. UPS did an investigation and refunded the amount of the package, which I refunded to her. I'm quite sure that she got a $100+ Barbie in mint condition for free.