Hoping for the best with Goldie:)

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just don't be surprised if she hides from you. I know you have had her in captivity for awhile, but she may just decide that under the bed, or behind the couch is the place she feels safest until no one threatens her and then she will come out in her time. Good luck with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that she may do that! But..here is the funny part - The door has been open for a while - the house is quiet - Smudgie and Ripley (both her babies) GOT INTO THE CONDO WITH HER! Eating momma's food and laying on her pillows.
Goldie has not decided to come out yet -but the rest are all going IN! Go figure!!!

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is too funny!

It is so amazing that Goldie is living in your house! When I first read about Goldie all those months ago, I would never have imagined that she would end up being a house cat! Wow!!!!!

Way to go Debra!

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those rascals have been in and out of there all day!
Momma appeared about 2 Pm and promptly hid behind the computer desk until about an hour ago - Now she is securely behind hubby's chair! I wonder how long she will want to play hide and seek!
I have left her condo set up with her food and water and litter box in it for now - till she knows where everything else is in the house! I bet she will look around more after we all go to bed! I wonder where I will find her in the morning!

She is not fully a house cat yet, but we are on our way..........

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goldie is hiding around the house - mostly in the 'junk room' under the old bed in there. She seems to come out at night to eat and drink. Today, I felt sorry for her, and put some canned food under the bed fo rher. The poor thing is so confused!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Debra, just be patient with her. Her world has been rocked, her babies for the most part are gone, and the world she has been so accustomed to has changed dramatically. If she has found one room where she feels safe, then I would just let her be. McKenzie unless she is outside, she hides under the bed, but when she gains her freedom in the daytime, she sprawls out in the yard in plain sight with the other kitties and appears to be totally relaxed. Let Goldie find her way to you. Go and sit with her, read to her, talk to her and just give it time.

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will Hissy, and thank you. She has been so good considering. I want to give her whatever she needs. She already has my heart
...so she might as well have my time too!

Question though.....should I not put any treats in there for her? I want to give her the space she needs, but worry about her hydration and nutrition. She probably doesn't need my help in that area, but want her to physicially be OK. Thanks.