Hopefully some videos.....

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First three are of Sunny in the household pet competition. The last is Camie in Championship. Taken at the NEMO show in August 2016. The first judge was a guest judge from Finland - she judges for the

Federation Internationale Feline. Our club tries to have one guest judge from another association at each show.

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Very nice. I always forget to take my camera to the rings.
Love that they all commented on the grooming. :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I wasn't sure I could get the videos embedded which is why I said hopefully. I never goe without my camera. I send some photos to our breed magazine so I don't want to miss anything. As for the grooming I groomed him the same way I do my cats I show in championship or premiership. It is just habit.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks. I wasn't sure I could get the videos embedded which is why I said hopefully. I never goe without my camera. I send some photos to our breed magazine so I don't want to miss anything. As for the grooming I groomed him the same way I do my cats I show in championship or premiership. It is just habit.
The videos worked just fine.
Grooming for HHPs should be exactly the same as any other show cats. Believe me, the judges can tell when a cat has not been bathed and well groomed, and most of them take that into account when they're choosing their finals. Longhair cats generally don't do quite as well as shorthair, partly because of the grooming. I have a friend who's been showing her longhair HHP for 16 years. The cat is always impeccably groomed, although she says it takes longer every year because it's harder to keep a 16-year-old coat in condition than it is a 2-year-old coat. The cat has been Best HHP in region 8 out of the last 10 years and 2nd Best the other times. (I can't find records further back than that so don't know how she did before).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would never put a cat in the ring that had not been bathed! Bathing isn't all that I did to groom him - I did the usual 'Persian' stuff - sculpting the face, rounding off the ears, opening up the eyes by trimming the over haning hair and volumizing the coat. I have a friend who is a judge and a cat groomer in her real job - she says she can tell if a cat has been bathed the day before  or the day of a show.