Hooray for Cougars!

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
P22 has moved into very residential neighborhoods though, like the Hollywood Hills, and has gone after some dogs. I hope that he can be redirected and kept safe.
Yeah, it was all over the local news this week that P22 inflicted a bite or two on Zack, a little Chihuahua mix, before the owner came to the rescue.

Thank goodness they are not going after P22.

The wildness corridor can open none too soon.

Bill

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Last night on the news they said that everything is "on the table" from euthanasia to relocating to a sanctuary. I really hope that this settles down and that P22 will be safe.

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is a great idea! I am watching to see where this goes and am ready to comment as well.
My City Council district just got rejiggered, so Nithya Raman is now my councilperson and she's also the councilperson for the Silverlake and Hollywood Hills area where the recent P22 incident took place.

All sorts of drama in the City Council at the moment, but she will be hearing from this constituent as well.

Not sure what else to do. But I can try to make my voice heard.

Bill

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I cannot believe that brawl! What is anyone thinking and the fact that it happened at a children's event is the icing on the city council cake.

LA Times this morning, plans are afoot to capture P22. This is harder than it seems, despite the fact that the cat wears a tracking collar. They will not use dogs to chase it up a tree, as some jurisdictions do, as there are too many dangers in the immediate area such as freeways and residential neighborhoods, so will probably try a trap with bait, like a huge feral cat trap.

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cannot believe that brawl! What is anyone thinking and the fact that it happened at a children's event is the icing on the city council cake.

LA Times this morning, plans are afoot to capture P22. This is harder than it seems, despite the fact that the cat wears a tracking collar. They will not use dogs to chase it up a tree, as some jurisdictions do, as there are too many dangers in the immediate area such as freeways and residential neighborhoods, so will probably try a trap with bait, like a huge feral cat trap.
I'm deeply unhappy to learn of the plans to capture P22.
:angryfire:

Bill