Honeycomb

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
a59761b4cd439fbf1de268bd39cb6bba.gif
MsChupacabra and I presume your kitty is Honeycomb? On behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
6b0761785619f5d03bafcffc9be0400b.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Honeycomb is lovely! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of her and we have a special thread here just for her here in post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

MsChupacabra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's the best start you could have. That's a pretty cat so why not tell us his/her story.
😊 Thank you! I will tell her you said she was pretty!

As for her story, she climbed under my house four years ago.

The area where I live is sadly a dumping ground for pets. Instead of taking them to shelters, a lot of people will just leave their animals on the side of the road since it is a rural area. I think maybe they believe they are doing a good thing because they think "the wild" is where their furry friend can be free, or they're scared that a shelter will put their pet down. I am unsure if they know that it is not any better out here where there are coyotes and other animals that might want to snack on their buddy. As a result, my area has a problem with a lot of wild cats and dogs, but people do what they can. It's mostly old people who help out with that. When I take Honeycomb to our local vet for her annual check up, I accidentally eavesdrop and hear old ladies discussing the capture, spay, and release stuff they do. I would help too, but I don't have the money or free time to try catching every stray I see and pay for surgery.

Sometimes, I'll see a dog or cat traveling by my house, but they never get too close. From my window, I always notice them wandering by in the distance beyond my fence. One March, it was raining really hard. I was staring outside my window when I watched her little bony self climb over my fence and waddle beneath my porch. I was like,"Oh my gosh! A cat!"

I didn't have any cat food, so I grabbed some ham from my fridge and mixed it with milk. I never had any cats before, so I didn't know that milk was bad for them at the time. She was starving though. When I managed to get her to come out from beneath my porch, she ate all of the food and was still licking the empty dish. I did reading about feral cats being really avoidant of humans, so the fact that she let me feed her and came close to me makes me think she didn't start off as feral. She never had any behavioral problems I hear people complain about like scratching their owners and stuff. The only issue for us is that Honeycomb was still pretty skittish even after I gained her trust. I think she might have been one of those pets people abandon, and maybe being a stray gave her some bad experiences that caused her to be such a scaredy cat. We have made some progress since then. At first, she hated being picked up and would start squirming, but now she is totally relaxed when I hold her.

I have been taking care of her ever since that March, though! She is pretty healthy other than a few problems she probably picked up from her adventuring days. Like, she has this twitch she randomly gets in her paw that the vet said might be some nerve damage. Overall, I pretty much spoil her to make up for all the sad stuff she probably had to go through when she was on her lonesome.

20181221_211914.jpg

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

The area where I live is sadly a dumping ground for pets. Instead of taking them to shelters, a lot of people will just leave their animals on the side of the road since it is a rural area. I think maybe they believe they are doing a good thing because they think "the wild" is where their furry friend can be free, or they're scared that a shelter will put their pet down. I am unsure if they know that it is not any better out here where there are coyotes and other animals that might want to snack on their buddy. As a result, my area has a problem with a lot of wild cats and dogs, but people do what they can. It's mostly old people who help out with that. When I take Honeycomb to our local vet for her annual check up, I accidentally eavesdrop and hear old ladies discussing the capture, spay, and release stuff they do. I would help too, but I don't have the money or free time to try catching every stray I see and pay for surgery.

Sometimes, I'll see a dog or cat traveling by my house, but they never get too close. From my window, I always notice them wandering by in the distance beyond my fence. One March, it was raining really hard. I was staring outside my window when I watched her little bony self climb over my fence and waddle beneath my porch. I was like,"Oh my gosh! A cat!"

I didn't have any cat food, so I grabbed some ham from my fridge and mixed it with milk. I never had any cats before, so I didn't know that milk was bad for them at the time. She was starving though. When I managed to get her to come out from beneath my porch, she ate all of the food and was still licking the empty dish. I did reading about feral cats being really avoidant of humans, so the fact that she let me feed her and came close to me makes me think she didn't start off as feral. She never had any behavioral problems I hear people complain about like scratching their owners and stuff. The only issue for us is that Honeycomb was still pretty skittish even after I gained her trust. I think she might have been one of those pets people abandon, and maybe being a stray gave her some bad experiences that caused her to be such a scaredy cat. We have made some progress since then. At first, she hated being picked up and would start squirming, but now she is totally relaxed when I hold her.

I have been taking care of her ever since that March, though! She is pretty healthy other than a few problems she probably picked up from her adventuring days. Like, she has this twitch she randomly gets in her paw that the vet said might be some nerve damage. Overall, I pretty much spoil her to make up for all the sad stuff she probably had to go through when she was on her lonesome.

View attachment 350995
welcome :) your cat is very lucky :)

MsChupacabra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

MsChupacabra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 350989 MsChupacabra and I presume your kitty is Honeycomb? On behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 350990 to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Honeycomb is lovely! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of her and we have a special thread here just for her here in post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:
I thought I replied to this already. I am probably going crazy. Thank you for the welcome!
I said in a reply that didn't go through that calicos are my favorite because of all the cool facts I learned about them, so thank you for the links! I will check out the fourms.

I have been lurking on this site for a while, so I know just how knowledgeable you guys are. This site really helped me out since when I got Honeycomb, she was the first pet I was taking care of on my own without the help of my parents. I browse on here a lot, so I just finally decided to make an account. So, thank you guys so much for all the helpful stuff that gets posted here!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 350995
hello there and welcome to the cat site ... your cats are beautiful

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I have been lurking on this site for a while, so I know just how knowledgeable you guys are. This site really helped me out since when I got Honeycomb, she was the first pet I was taking care of on my own without the help of my parents. I browse on here a lot, so I just finally decided to make an account. So, thank you guys so much for all the helpful stuff that gets posted here!
Yes and thank you too. This is a great site with many knowledgeable cats and they are very generous with sharing their experiences and course we have many good articles too.

Feel free to ask questions and see ya around!

MsChupacabra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: What a pawsitively gorgeous kitty. Thanks for taking her in and giving her a loving home. :hearthrob:
:heartshape:
I will pass along your message to her! Thank you!

hello there and welcome to the cat site ... your cats are beautiful
Thank you! She is just the one cat. I love the kitty in you banner!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and to Honeycomb! What an absolutely glorious calico she is! Calicos and torties hold a very special place in my heart, and one tortie rules my home with an iron paw! Honeycomb knew what she was doing when she picked your house. Something in her said, "Here is kindness. Here is home." And she was right!

MsChupacabra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to you and to Honeycomb! What an absolutely glorious calico she is! Calicos and torties hold a very special place in my heart, and one tortie rules my home with an iron paw! Honeycomb knew what she was doing when she picked your house. Something in her said, "Here is kindness. Here is home." And she was right!
Yes! Calicos are so cute and I like how they all have different patterns! They remind me of like if they rolled around in cake colors. I also really, really love how tortoiseshell cats look because they have cool patterns. A lot of them remind me of Halloween cats because they look orange and black...

Thank you for your kind words too!

What a gorgeous, perfect angel. I love her. 😍 Calicos and Torties are so pretty with their colors. Love the name Honeycomb too.
Thank you so much! I love Torties too. Pretty Autumn colors!