Honeybunny's Gotcha-versary: A Year In Pictures

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A year ago today i was driving in downtown SF and pulled over to ansaer a phone call. After i hung up i was about to go when i saw something black and furry in the vacant lot next to me. It was a kitty!

On closer inspection she was thin and straggly looking. I lured her to me with some jerky, popped her in a duffel bag (all i had), and brought her home. She was the coolest cat, trlilling constntly: puuurrrrreow? Purrreow? Rrrrrrrreow? Took her to the vet and found out she had an infection, got her meds and deflead and fed her lots of food. She got better-and then she started yowling day and night-she was in heat! Holy hell that nearly drove me crazy. Finally got her in to go get fixed a week later, and shes been happy as a clam since.

She's destroyed 2 air beds and given me a couple heart attacks when i couldnt find her in the house, but shes also probably the coolest kitty ive ever had. She sleeps with me every night, and will do this cute thing where she'll be sat on the windowsill just chillin, and then suddenly look at me very intently with an "i need cuddles!" Look, leap off the sill and come plop down next to me and purr. She even lets me kiss her little forehead as many times as i want and doesnt duck away

She also lets me boop her nose as long as i want, and is absolutely unflappable. Run the vaccuum right next to her? She just glances at it. Deflate the airbed (has a loud motor) she just walks around on it like "oh, this is an interesting turn of events".

I wasnt planning on getting a pet right away, and tho i love cats was actually going to get a dog when i was ready. But shes brought so much happiness to my life :) is she annoying? Once in a blue moon when i need to travel and plan for her to be boarded, but its a minor inconvenience.

I'd always wanted a black kitty-when i was a kid i was obsessed with black panthers. A year ago todsy, the universe gave me one :) ❤

Now on to the pics:

20180726_022633(0).jpg
20180713_190633.gif
20180609_155928.jpg
20180605_200007.jpg
20180520_221505.jpg
20180612_194035.jpg
20180519_014046.jpg
20180225_052635.jpg

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky find for both of you. She looks to have a very characterful expression as if she knows a lot and also seems to like pulling her tongue out. Super cute.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
What a great story! You’re both lucky! Your photos of her capture so much personality. She reminds me of Teddy Bear, a black kitty I had years ago and who brought me joy for almost 20 years. May you have that and more with yours. :redheartpump: