Honeybee is under the weather again- URI or?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Well my sweet Bee is sick. It started wed, when I got home from work and Jon said she didn't leave her cat house in her room at all..so that night I fed her baby food and syringed water. She had a big poop the day before and she was growly on her belly and figured it was gas.

Honeybee I think has IBS because she's constipated if we don't treat it. So I was still trying to adjust the amount=I want to see results every other day=so the past week we have seen results..

Then Lilah, myself, Jon and Honeybee has been sneezing once in awhile=nothing big.

Thursday she didn't eat-vet appointment.

She has a fever of 104 so they gave her fluids and cerenia. Felt gas in her colon-didn't feel constipation so for now looks like we are at a nice medium with the fiber food, and miralax and pumpkin 2 times a week.
By the way she has asthma and is on an inhaler 2x a day=the vet thinks the steroids may constipate her so thats why we give her miralax and fiber food. I was able to cut the miralax in half but she still wasn't going enough..

fast forward...last night come home, she jumped up on her table and waited to be fed=she ate. She went into her room to sleep-locked the door-so new kitty won't bother her.

I slept for a few hours in her room on the blow up bed..she slept in the window then woke up around 1am to go do a pee then walked into the living room.

she jumped up on my couch and I got her blanket and she made biscuits on it=she had peed on it at the vets-we were going to get urine from her to make sure no UTI but the vet said the urine didn't small foul and was a good amount so didn't think it's a uti...She wasn't sneezing much but now looking back Bee sometimes gets the no eating first before the sneezing starts.

So this morning she fought me with syringe the water and didnt eat her gravy packet-I managed to finger feed her a few times. then she was getting mad so left her alone.

Blood work was fine. Weight is 10.7 lbs. 10.3 in May so we have to back off a bit.
WBC were not elevated so vet didn't think there's an infection so to speak..there's been stress with new kitty so it's possible her feline herpes is rearing it's ugly head=just like in 2014 when we went to the cat show and those cats next to us were sneezing...

So tomorrow sat-probably make an appointment to get some fluids and see if they will let me buy a bag/needles and give it every 48 hours if she's not eating-last 3 times she's been sick it lasts 14 days. gulp. The good news is kidneys are perfect and liver is fine....so it's going to be an interesting weekend with me home without work so have to keep myself from bugging her cause I was labeled "helicopter mom" in the records.

Anyways Bee seems ok=little tired and not happy but I think she will be OK. Just sucky having a cat cold. The good news is we don't let new kitty in Bee's room and they don't cohabit so they should be ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THANK YOU. I am trying to be a better mommy and not WORRY. But the blood work really helps clear up my fear that something is wrong...she's been sleeping ALOT more than usual-but we figured it was from stress of Lilah.

A funny=
LAst night coming in with Honeybee in her carrier=Lilah ran up and wanted to give her a kiss=her tail was up and ears forward and sniffed the cage=who gives Lilah a HUGE hiss?? :flail: :flail: :flail: My Bee was still feeling feisty enough to give Lilah a 4 letter word!

So I forgot to take the carrier into Lilah's room to let her sniff it to her heart's content. She spends quite a bit of time sniffing the presents in the catbox when it's Bee's...so maybe I was missreading the body language from Lilah...

Lilah came from a hoarders house who hated other animals...so maybe she's coming around???

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my sweet Bee is sick. It started wed, when I got home from work and Jon said she didn't leave her cat house in her room at all..so that night I fed her baby food and syringed water. She had a big poop the day before and she was growly on her belly and figured it was gas.

Honeybee I think has IBS because she's constipated if we don't treat it. So I was still trying to adjust the amount=I want to see results every other day=so the past week we have seen results..

Then Lilah, myself, Jon and Honeybee has been sneezing once in awhile=nothing big.

Thursday she didn't eat-vet appointment.

She has a fever of 104 so they gave her fluids and cerenia. Felt gas in her colon-didn't feel constipation so for now looks like we are at a nice medium with the fiber food, and miralax and pumpkin 2 times a week.
By the way she has asthma and is on an inhaler 2x a day=the vet thinks the steroids may constipate her so thats why we give her miralax and fiber food. I was able to cut the miralax in half but she still wasn't going enough..

fast forward...last night come home, she jumped up on her table and waited to be fed=she ate. She went into her room to sleep-locked the door-so new kitty won't bother her.

I slept for a few hours in her room on the blow up bed..she slept in the window then woke up around 1am to go do a pee then walked into the living room.

she jumped up on my couch and I got her blanket and she made biscuits on it=she had peed on it at the vets-we were going to get urine from her to make sure no UTI but the vet said the urine didn't small foul and was a good amount so didn't think it's a uti...She wasn't sneezing much but now looking back Bee sometimes gets the no eating first before the sneezing starts.

So this morning she fought me with syringe the water and didnt eat her gravy packet-I managed to finger feed her a few times. then she was getting mad so left her alone.

Blood work was fine. Weight is 10.7 lbs. 10.3 in May so we have to back off a bit.
WBC were not elevated so vet didn't think there's an infection so to speak..there's been stress with new kitty so it's possible her feline herpes is rearing it's ugly head=just like in 2014 when we went to the cat show and those cats next to us were sneezing...

So tomorrow sat-probably make an appointment to get some fluids and see if they will let me buy a bag/needles and give it every 48 hours if she's not eating-last 3 times she's been sick it lasts 14 days. gulp. The good news is kidneys are perfect and liver is fine....so it's going to be an interesting weekend with me home without work so have to keep myself from bugging her cause I was labeled "helicopter mom" in the records.

Anyways Bee seems ok=little tired and not happy but I think she will be OK. Just sucky having a cat cold. The good news is we don't let new kitty in Bee's room and they don't cohabit so they should be ok.
:redheartpump::petcat::catrub:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got home Jon said Bee would only eat treats..so that tells me just like before when she gets sick, she won't eat her regular food...she did a pee and a good sized soft poop this evening or rather Friday night. She slept in her bedroom all night.

Lilah and her got into a scuffle. Lilah came out of nowhere and tried to attack her but Bee actually layed on her back and swung back at Lilah. I immediately said I'm gonna rehome Lilah until a good friend of mine on here tells me if she rehomed her cats every time they were a holes she would have no cats.

Soooo being upset is not helpful for me and I'm coming down with an upper respiratory problem too. So now i feel even crappier. I have been awake most of the night from sneezing and runny nose. Took sudafed and that seems to help.

Blah!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi @ foxxycat, I'm not here as much as I used to be, but saw a notification about this thread, & glad I did, as you were always there for me. I'm sorry to hear honeybee isn't feeling well, but happy to hear it doesn't sound like anything too serious.
Im sorry you're not feeling well either. I hope you all can get some rest this weekend and get to feeling better soon! :hugs:

I see you also got a new girl. Congratulations! :clap2:. I can't wait to get back into my own place again. I miss having a kitty. Still can't believe Dec 14th will just be a yr ago I lost Sammie. :hearthrob:
Give Miss bee some love'ns for me. Saying a prayer for you all!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like Bee is on the mend. She finally walked around her side of the house yesterday and slept on me from 8? To 5am. She is eating treats and sneaking in her kibble but I think it was too much miralax that caused all these problems so she's developing food avoidance lol. She won't eat those gravy packets either. I've backed off on syringing her miralax Will restart tomorrow. She did a nice soft poop 2 times since I checked in. So now I know what I did wrong. Not sure about the fever. Her ears feel cooler and her eyes clearer now.

I slept 12 hours from last night around 6pm till this morning and feel ok but taking cold meds. Jons still upset about me considering the shelter for Lilah but Bee shouldn't be scared and hiding for hours at a time.

They called me back and I just want to talk to them to find out how they work. They are a no kill shelter. Last year took in 500 cats and rehomed 483 so that's good. I also put ads up in local pet groups and see if I can find the ideal match. I'm sure there's someone who is homebond all day would love to have her. I feel it wasn't a good fit but wanted to try first.

Bee seems super sensitive to changes and sometimes I'm at a loss for the right thing.

Today she finally went up into her apartment for the first time since Tuesday. So she's feeling better. She still has some goops on her eyes but I just wipe it off every morning. She's been more active today walking around only because the bedroom door was closed.

I've got the babygates up now. Trying to get them more used to each other. It's going to be a long winter for us at this point.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi @ foxxycat, I'm not here as much as I used to be, but saw a notification about this thread, & glad I did, as you were always there for me. I'm sorry to hear honeybee isn't feeling well, but happy to hear it doesn't sound like anything too serious.
Im sorry you're not feeling well either. I hope you all can get some rest this weekend and get to feeling better soon! :hugs:

I see you also got a new girl. Congratulations! :clap2:. I can't wait to get back into my own place again. I miss having a kitty. Still can't believe Dec 14th will just be a yr ago I lost Sammie. :hearthrob:
Give Miss bee some love'ns for me. Saying a prayer for you all!
So glad to hear from you! Sorry about not having your own place yet and sorry about Sammie. :( thank you for the prayers I will take all I can get.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear from you! Sorry about not having your own place yet and sorry about Sammie. :( thank you for the prayers I will take all I can get.
Thanks. Yes, I didn't expect to still be at my parents almost a yr & a 1/2 now, next month. (& Now 50!) .but, no friends that I would or could room with, & being a beach & college town, rent is rediculous here for one person! I've had a couple of possibilities come up this month, but waiting to look at them, etc... So just hoping & praying the right one comes up soon. Its soooo time for me to get out of here!
Yes its hard to believe its almost been a yr since my little girl has been gone. 🙁

I'm so happy to hear that you & Honeybee are feeling better. Hope you continue to have a restful, relaxing day. 😊😻

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bee hogged teh couch and stretched out on our king sized fleece blanket that she loves and made biscuits for a long time. I don't know if she slept on me..I must have slept hard cause woke up in a daze. She let me syringe her the miralax and ate treats-still won't eat her food..so this is when I usually buy a new brand and slowly sneak it back to the old brand.

Lilah fell asleep on the couch last night for an hour-she finally calming down enough to sleep out in the living room with us. I want to move her into honeybee's bedrom and put Bee in pappas room but Jon says NO. I think he likes having his bed buddy. She really is snuggly. For a fat cat she sure is cuddly and she runs FAST!

This morning, opened the door to let her run around for an hour before leaving and she was galloping up and down the hall of the trailer with her tail up..We locked Bee into her room-Bee went in there on hr own and fell asleep in her cat house under the desk...so it wasn't a big deal. These cats sure sleep alot!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bee still won't eat her food but eats treats the brat. She slept on me all night.

Last night swapped cats for 2 hours. Bee hates the smell of Lilah so put her red fuzzy blanket down on the bed and Bee layed there doing biscuits for almost half an hour. So for some reason when she's scared she makes biscuits. Lilah was on the other side of the baby gates and blocked the view so they don't glare at each other. Lilah for some reason seems very interested in Bee. Bee and I watched some tv for 2 hours while she snuggled next to me then switched the rooms again. We also took a sock and rubbed it on Bee's face and gave to Lilah and rubbed on Lilah to give to Bee to sniff...Hopefully what ever was going on with Bee's tummy settles down and she goes back to eating her food soon.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to update that Bee was only sick for 3 days=it was her IBS and too much miralax=she is now eating her kibble and her wet food from a packet. I stopped using the 1/4 tsp measuring device and went back to eyeballing the level in the cap-it's about 1/8 teaspoon. I give her the pumpkin once every 4 days as it seems to give her gas if I give it too often..so far she's been making poops every other day and a good amount each time. She's feeling much better but still afraid of Lilah...but lately she's been jumping off the bed in her room to stick her nose under the door-Lilah is always on the other side. But Bee won't eat her food if she sees the cat. So it's still hiding each other and so far Lilah is still scared of Bee which is crazy because Bee would like to be left alone...so each cat has owned half of the house and they don't seem interested in sharing yet...