Honeybee is under the weather again- URI or?

RangersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A fever sometimes indicates infection. Did they try antibiotics? Only thing is antibiotics can irritate the stomach more sometimes... sorry to hear, hope she feels better soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
So weird reading my old posts about the cats.

Bee has an URI and is sneezing. Jon said she refused treats. I got her to eat a few but I had to hold them up high so the post nasal drip doesn't get in the way and she just looks like she doesn't feel good.

We got her to eat wet food but she's not happy. I'm hoping this won't last 2 to 3 weeks like normal...hoping it's just a few days.

I have been giving her the miralax in syringe in the morning. She vomited the other day but probably from eating too fast. The special fiber food is helping her stay regular as well as the 1/8 tsp spoon of miralax daily...she's running around the house and kind of depression from the snow and ice outside. So we are hoping for an early spring!!

I borrowed a mini food processor from my girlfriend and churned a can of food this morning into soup and she seemed to like it.

Gave instructions to give Bee baby food today. Gonna get one chicken breast and cut it up for her. She hates cooked meat. So hoping it's not too bad and it goes away.

I was sick last week and I still suspect that she caught it.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called the vet last night-hoping to get in today but they had an opening last night so they gave fluids and cerenia.. something about Cerenia is a miracle=she ate all her kibble and wet food last night and peed on her blanket at the vets-she was really squirmy so that's probably why...she's a funny one and waits till all in bed before using the box at home=she has her own in her room.

The real test will be tonight to see if she's still eating. I didn't hear any more sneezes from her last night-they wanted to give her antibiotics but she didn't have a fever so I said no. I said if it goes on longer than a week then maybe but I have been under the weather and suspect she caught it from me even though all vets say that's not possible..but I think it is. I can't prove it but she always seems to catch something when I am sick.

So hopefully this will clear up..sub fluids and cerenia are like magic meds in my eyes...and she's gained more weight.. 10.8 so we have to cut back cause she's a hair chubby=she's got asthma so needs to be at 10 lbs..daddy feeds her alot of treats and I am trying to keep her off kibble but she doesn't really like wet food.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well thats good that the cerenia is working. Did they not give you any to take home?
Hopefully that & the fluids are getting her over the hump, & pushing on through & away! As long as she's eating at least half or more of what she usually eats, she should be ok. Not in any "danger zone."
In reguards to her not being a wet food fan, have you tried different textures to see if she'll go for one over another? Pate' vs/ shredded, etc... If so, next, have you tried mixing a little kibble in w/ it with a few on top, so maybe she'll get interested??
Just some thoughts/ suggestions. 🤷

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They never let me take anything home. I still have some Cerenia left and it doesn't expire until 2021 from when Bee was sick last year. I haven't had to give her anymore...I think she was dehydrated a hair so it was hard to eat plus I have tried every single brand/flavor of food in can and she won't eat it. I put some in the food processor and she licked at it a bit but she prefers her crunchies. She lets me feed her syringes of water that has her miralax but this morning I mixed it in her wet food in those packets that are expensive and it's only 16 calories each packet but it helps get more water into her.

Last night I fell asleep in the bedroom with Lilah and she is now named Snuggles. She snuggled with me all night and kept licking me to pet her. She's so adorable but HATES Bee-even though she sniffs like crazy whenever she smells Bee's blanket-no hissing but looks perturbed.

I didn't hear her sneezing anymore-and she is back to eating her food off the kitchen table-she won't eat out of a dish so we have a piece of newspaper on the table and put her kibble on it-she jumps up and snacks..we will be cutting back her food next week cause I don't want her to get too fat. She slept next to Jon on the couch last night and he was up all night watching Bloodline on Netflix-it's actually pretty good.

I am hoping the weekend is uneventful but she's definitely a bit depressed with all the snow we have.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear shes eating. Thats good. Hopefully it will pass out of her system soon.
Thats to bad they don't get along. Im sure w/ having a separate room that they use, you went through all the steps for introductions. If not, they say you can always start over and do it again. Even if it takes more time, would be worth it for all of you. :).