Honeybee Is Having Issues Pooping

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
M maggiedemi I know you love this picture of Bee.

She still hasn't given me presents in the litter box but she's been outside all day and only uses the box once a day-so far she's not puking or sitting meatloafed-I been giving her canned pumpkin every morning-She's eating like a pig-stares at the neighbors cat and we might be getting another cat if there isn't another home to set up for this cat-I am trying to find a temporary foster for this other cat until I can take her in November-she's indoors and with the door open we worry she could run away..and hopefully they just ignore each other like has happened in the past with 2 other cats.

Her name is Lily =she's 9 years old and the owner is moving into a camper-doesn't want to put her through stress of traveling as he's sellign the house and living on the road when he retires in a few months...I am trying to find temporary home until November then I can harness train her and see how she is outside on the harness...

I also don't want to put Bee through any stress right now until we get the plumbing issue fixed=but if they can't locate a home for Lily-she probably come live with us next week...we will just have to figure out a way to let Bee out without leaving the door propped open. sigh.

IF it gets cold-then it won't be an issue=we have another week of 70s and 80s temps=which means she's going to want to spend all her time in the back yard chasing frogs/mice etc.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10.2 lbs and healthy.
Demi & Maggie weigh more than Honeybee. She looks bigger than them in photos, but they are really long.

The enema didn't take long at all to work. She left them a stinky pile of :censored:
Oh dear, I know all about enemas now. :eek2: But they really do work.

yep-that's why I went down there in a hurry to get it away from her..I have no clue whether it's a frog/toad but just got it away from her.
Toad's taste terrible, so Demi leaves them alone or makes friends with them. He only eats frogs. Toads might be poisonous, not sure.

I also don't want to put Bee through any stress right now until we get the plumbing issue fixed
Yeah, I've learned that pooping is very important. I wish Bee would eat wet food, I'm sure that would help.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I think the culprit is our town well water. I have switched to bottled water last night-I have to buy some more gallons because she has her big bowl outside that gets filled with rain water but when we have no rain, I use tap water. Hope I don't forget this! It's so easy to use tap water that I often forget.
I also gave her 1/4 teaspoon of miralax in hot water in shot glass, wait to cool, syringed it and fed to her-she loves licking water out of the syringe...still doing a tiny bit of pumpkin too-she really likes it.

We have her on 75/25 fiber response kibble/old kibble-and only puked a few times in September...so hopefully in another 2 weeks we can completely eliminate the old kibble.

But I took in another kitty Sunday who is on Iams kibble and will have to see if she will eat the fiber food, she's overweight and the fiber won't hurt her...tried canned foods for both cats the past 2 nights-ignored. Treats of course get eaten.

The new kitty hasn't stopped hiding yet but it's only been 48 hours as of 3pm today so I know she will eat when she is ready-which is why I feed a handful of treats several times a day-to keep her system going.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Friday morning-and been giving water/miralax to Bee every morning and finally seeing results every other day..and they weren't hard as rocks. It must be lots more comfy now. I still give her some licks of Pumpkin but not as much-it's more of a bounding thing for us...with the new cat causing stress, I am trying to keep hand feeding her to show she is the lead cat in my house.