Honey ( 99% sure is Panthers mom)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, for those of you who know , this is Honey. It took her 2 yrs to trust me enough to let me pet her(& I still have to be on the inside of the sliding door). She has now started to let me brush her. 🤗🧡.
Last wk I noticed a little scratch, or tare on her R ear, so luckily, I had some cat antibiotic cream ( amazon) from when Panther was still outside, & looked like he had gotten into a fight, because he had a gash on his shoulder. I was able to sneak a little on her ear a few xs, & it looks better already. Don't know if she did it scratching, or caught it on something, or what.
Anyway, heres a video where she let me brush her for over 5 mins!! 🧡
IMG_20220630_080941277.jpg

New video by Kelly R

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
She is a beautiful little girl. She is really letting you brush her; I was surprised at the length of the video as I expected only a couple of swipes with the brush from what you had written. This is an excellent sign as a few animals, both dogs and cats, around here have made the decision to become friendly based on having enjoyed a nice brushing. She looks great and you are obviously taking good care of her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. Yes, shes a sweet & sassy little momma. 😊 I think its been about a couple of months that shes letting me brush her. I had to start w/ sneaking in a stroke w/ the brush, as she turned to walk the other way, & bk & forth. If correct, shes about 10 yrs old. One of the girls that works for the mgmnt co. My landlord uses, said she lived out here about 9 yrs ago, & there was a Tortie kitten around bk then, so, never seeing any others around, Im pretty sure it was most likely her. She & Panther were almost always together, & could tell were close. After observing them together for about a yr, I'm pretty confident that shes his momma. It cemented it in my mind one day when she had just come out from under the fence behind my place, & Panther was over a ways in the corner, & she looked over towards him & said, " merow, mereow" & he came running like a kitten to momma. 🤗🥰
Then after watching a lot of animal communicators on YouTube, I was practicing one day, & asked him how old he was...then thought, "does he understand that?" So then asked, "do you know how many years you are?" (Brain scrambling, so stopped, took some deep breaths & focused, asked again), & I got a big black bold, "3" in my minds eye. It had a FIRM feeling to it is the only way to describe it, so I trusted that, & it fit! So he's 4 or 5 now. (4 I think)?
Heres a picture of them back when they first started coming around in May 2020. ❤
IMG_20200515_192050030.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Very interesting about the communication. I had an animal communicator come to the house years ago, not even sure that I believed it was possible to do that, but she had some very correct information that she could not have gotten elsewhere.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very interesting about the communication. I had an animal communicator come to the house years ago, not even sure that I believed it was possible to do that, but she had some very correct information that she could not have gotten elsewhere.
Oh yes. I completely believe in it. I've seen some good ones on YouTube. I follow Laura Stensfield (sp?) ("The pet psychic" ) & Danielle MacKinnon. Love them both!
I've also watched a few trying to teach & explain how to do it. We all have the ability, its just tuning in & trusting what you get. Once you watch some of those, especially Danielle, you'll understand. I think different pets communicate in different ways, it really depends on how YOU receive it. Like most are through pictures, some you will feel what they're feeling, etc... Its all individual.
I haven't really practiced since then, life just gets so busy, & takes time, focus & quieting the mind. I'd really love to though! I've always loved & felt close to animals, & am a pretty sensitive person as well, or a little bit of an empathy in ways.
One basic example that makes sense, is for instance, someone saying " why won't my dog listen when I tell him not to ....(fill in the blank), & its because when you say that, you are picturing in your mind what you don't want them to do, so thats the image being seen/ sent. Vs/ Telling & picturing what you DO want instead. Like instead of saying " don't go there..." Picture him staying " Tell him what you do want instead.

Make sense? 😊. ...so, its more reconditioning our mind & how we communicate w/ them, etc...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update on Honey. She has come a long way from when you first moved there and befriended Panther. :dancingblackcat: I like how after she let you brush her she was so content that she laid down on the carpet. :hearthrob:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she lays there sometimes. A little late in the season, but I finally took the house down out there. She only went in there in the winter.
I was hoping shed use it when it rained, instead of running off to wherever she goes. Sometimes if its just sprinkling, she'll just sit out there. It was probably to hot, & also not wanting to be trapped in there if anything came around. I found a canopy I wanted to put out there, but ordered it & it was just the canopy, no bed included, so I'm sending it bk. I did find a whole one for only $35 ( most are more expensive, & I'll have the $17 credit from the return to use towards it) so as soon as I can, I'll order that for her, & 🙏🤞🤞 she'll use it!! Im going to store the house ( had to take it apart) in my parents shed. It'll probably go bk up in Nov. When it starts to get cold enough again. Until then, when it starts getting chilly at night, I make a nice bed in her chair for her w/ a fleece blanket & maybe another blanket. 😊

Tnyeobae Outdoor Dog Bed with Canopy, Portable Elevated Pet Bed with Removable Canopy for Indoor or Camping or Beach, Grey (Medium: 30" L x 24" W x 30" H) https://a.co/d/5ROaXnd

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a sweet face: one who has been through a lot but wants to trust. :hearthrob: