Homeopet Nose Relief

furrypurry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone used this long-term? It has helped my cat immensely, so I have him on five drops twice a day. He has had chronic congestion and nasal discharge for most of his life that is not helped by antibiotics. It seems to get worse as he ages. He just turned 12. He is a Himmie and somewhat brachycephalic. I am thrilled that it is helping so much, but a little concerned about using it all the time. His lack of appetite had become an issue and it has improved greatly since we started using this. I have no experience with homeopathic remedies. I guess I think it is too good to be true!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furrypurry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, well I just looked on the FAQ on the homeopet website and it says safe for continued daily use. Frankly, I doubt if my very traditional med vet has ever even heard of it.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:clapcat: I am so glad that you are getting good results!! Typically, I use it for 2-4 weeks then discontinue for at least a week-10 days. I administer in the water dish, 10 drops per pint.
My vet was okay with long term daily use but my family tradition is no more than one month straight with any herb. You give at least a 3 day break and see how the patient does. You could consult a holistic vet about alternatives of L-lysine, slippery elm bark and marshmallow root decoctions for the off-Homeopet days.