Homemade Shelters for Ferals

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use wireless ip cameras. You can find some on Amazon for all different prices. I know lots of people use Wyze. I usually use Amcrest or Foscam.
OK, so the cameras I'm seeing have to be within about 100 feet of my router. The colony is probably a half mile to a mile away. The ones that I've found that work at that distance are several hundred dollars.Any advice ?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can purchase trail cameras. They run on batteries and take an SD card. You then have to have a camera or computer to put the SD card into so you can view the pictures. You can't view anything live, but you can see what happens when you are not there.

Just do a search on Amazon for trail cameras.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
All Greek to me as a non-technical person, so thanks for sharing. I'm off to Google all that you mentioned.
Wyze is great. Mine have withstood temps from below zero to above 100 although they are indoor only. Wyze is very inexpensive (Never buy from Amazon as wyze found counterfeit cams on there using their name) but can get off the Wyze website for $9 cheaper than Amazon too. However Wyze is in finishing stages of an outdoor cam that will be battery powered (usb) and can still run while plugged in and charging. The video quality is superb and better than the more expensive cams. Plus for the low price of $1.49 a month you can store your videos to their cloud server (if you want).

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can purchase trail cameras. They run on batteries and take an SD card. You then have to have a camera or computer to put the SD card into so you can view the pictures. You can't view anything live, but you can see what happens when you are not there.

Just do a search on Amazon for trail cameras.
Great - thanks !!

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wyze is great. Mine have withstood temps from below zero to above 100 although they are indoor only. Wyze is very inexpensive (Never buy from Amazon as wyze found counterfeit cams on there using their name) but can get off the Wyze website for $9 cheaper than Amazon too. However Wyze is in finishing stages of an outdoor cam that will be battery powered (usb) and can still run while plugged in and charging. The video quality is superb and better than the more expensive cams. Plus for the low price of $1.49 a month you can store your videos to their cloud server (if you want).
Really appreciate the info !!