Homemade playhouse

percy persian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! 

I just want to share with you this DIY project I just finished. I had been wanting to get my Percy boy a cat tree with cat house but the prices are too limiting.  Quite expensive where I come from.  Anyway, I went to a DIY shop and collected the materials: 

kids puzzle rubber mats

mesh wire (actually a kitchen organizer thing) 

nylon cable ties (the locking type) 

Rugby adhesive 

I set up the rubber mats like a house and used the mesh wire as support. I removed the numbers in two mats so the holes serve as the passage way. I used the nylon cable ties to attach the wires together and to attach the mats to the wires. Then I cut the wires of the two sides so the cat can go through. I used the Rugby adhesive to secure the numbers into the mats since they are really detachable.  

I am just so glad that Percy loves his house so much! I tied mice toys onto the ceiling so they dangle and I put some in the "attic" as well.  He goes crazy over it to the point that I have to stop and calm him a bit.  He can't get too excited because of his heart condition. I already noticed that his breathing was going extremely fast because of too high emotions. 

Anyway, I am sharing some of the photos here. 

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so creative! So glad he loves it so much. Did it take a long time to make? I'd love to make something my cats can climb on.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cute! Good job. lt looks like Percy loves it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

percy persian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey thanks guys! What I learned is that Percy seems to like more the DIY toys than the expensive store bought toys.  

@ Petcrazy76:  It took me about an hour and a half to set it up.  It helped though that I did it in the DIY store itself so that the materials I needed are easy to collect. 

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just like kids - sometimes they like the boxes better than the big, expensive toys.

Good job - I would not have thought to use those puzzle pieces like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

percy persian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Just like kids - sometimes they like the boxes better than the big, expensive toys.

Good job - I would not have thought to use those puzzle pieces like that.
That is so true! I have stopped buying toys for Percy except for those little mice that I use to hang in different places of the house for him to catch.  

kittylove542

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow! Great job! Percy's adorable and looks very happy with your creation too. Cat trees are very expensive in my area as well so thanks for the idea!