Home Needed For Only 12 Months

splasha1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
BKL.png

I'm posting this for people on a boating message board who posted the following. If you are willing to help I will put you directly in touch with them.

I am from Tampa but am now living in Singapore, 1.5 years into a 2.5 yr assignment. We have a cat that a close friend is currently watching but due to a surprise new baby on the way they are no longer able.

I am looking for options on a cat sitter for 1 year. We will gladly pay for food and any vet bills that would arise in the next year. The cat is a healthy and mature female with claws. She is current with vaccinations and has an RFID chip. She is friendly very friendly with people, fine with dogs, but historically does not prefer other cats. We intend on taking the cat back upon our return.

We have checked with friends, long term boarding ($$$$!), and also considered bringing her to Singapore but that is not practical.

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. We are out of options and am hoping someone will be willing to watch her for the remaining year we are out of the US.

Thank you!!

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
not practical? I dont want to judge but...I miss my cats after 2 days

And if i keep your cat for a year...there is no way you are getting him back. He would be a part of my family after a year...

Why cant they take care of your cat anymore because of the incoming baby?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

splasha1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't have the answer but of course it's their choice.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes:Sending prayers and vibes that you find placement for your cat! How awful to be so far away and be in this predicament. The fear of toxoplasmosis might have driven your friend's decision - but whatever her reasons, the kitty is no longer welcome and needs alternative placement. Maybe local rescues have someone they can suggest.