Home-cooked May Be A Hit !!!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3% works out to 14 grams of pumpkin per 454 grams (1lb.) of the finished food. Considering that close to half of the food that he gets contains no pumpkin at all, he's really not getting much pumpkin. If I get him eating more of the homemade I'll reduce the pumpkin.
Ah, got it! The main thing is that what you're doing works -- what surprises me so much with our cat is that so very, very little had any effect at all, even in the beginning, when the cats had more bone in their diet. (I wonder, too, if the very fact that you can quantify, so precisely, the amount of pumpkin also makes it sound like a lot to me, someone who doesn't weigh or measure ingredients unless absolutely necessary! ;))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah, got it! The main thing is that what you're doing works -- what surprises me so much with our cat is that so very, very little had any effect at all, even in the beginning, when the cats had more bone in their diet. (I wonder, too, if the very fact that you can quantify, so precisely, the amount of pumpkin also makes it sound like a lot to me, someone who doesn't weigh or measure ingredients unless absolutely necessary! ;))
Yeah, I'm weighing and counting calories. Kinda drove me nuts at first but now I know the calories of everything he eats and it's simple math to figure it in my head. But he's doing really well so far and I only have one cat so it's not like it's a hassle. Just some actual involvement in his feeding for a change instead of dumping BB sensitive stomach kibble down and thinking it's the best I could do for his IBD tummy. And the only reason why I was adding the Pumpkin was because the first canned food he took to was the S&C canned, which has pumpkin. Since that's where it really started for him, I figured a little pumpkin in his homemade couldn't hurt.