Holidays are quickly approaching!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just received an email reminding me that Christmas is two months from today.
Thanksgiving (for the US) is less than one month away.

Thanksgiving gets a double
from me because my family comes here for dinner. Let the madness begin.

Have you started any preparations yet?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, I've already started telling people to NOT expect any Christmas gifts from me this year, and I have absolutely no Thanksgiving plans. I think I'll sleep late that day, play with the kitties, and then go eat someone else's leftovers.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Yup, I've already started telling people to NOT expect any Christmas gifts from me this year, and I have absolutely no Thanksgiving plans. I think I'll sleep late that day, play with the kitties, and then go eat someone else's leftovers.
Well Bah humbug to you to Betsy!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is absolutely the worst time of year to be diabetic.

First Hallowe'en. The Feast of Sugar.
Then Thanksgiving. The Feast of Carbohydrates.
Then Christmas. The Feast of Sugar AND Carbohydrates.
Then New Year. The Feast of Sugar, Carbohydrates, AND Alcohol.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Well Bah humbug to you to Betsy!
Bah Humbug NOTHING - you know darned well that the kits will get a wonderful Christmas!

Actually, though, it's true - I have barely any relatives in the area anymore, and my family is tiny to begin with, so I have less and less pressure every holiday season. That's a good thing!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AHHH DONT REMIND ME!!!
Well we are having a small thanksgiving dinner here I believe and I will have to do my thanksgiving day ritual which is get up eat cinnamon rolls and watch the parades!
As for Christmas we are having a big christmas dinner here with all of our friends and doing a secret santa thing.
I cant wait that'll be lots of fun! As for shopping, I'm going cheap this year. But I am making my mom a college survival kit because she is going back to school after almost 20 years out of it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AHHHHHHH!!!!

Karen- is your face in a permenant
mode yet?!

Thanksgiving isn't a big deal for me, well- I mean it is, I get to see family, but I dont have to prepare anything

Christmas....
What a year this will be. We just lost everything to a flood & now I get to deal w/ the pain of having a small Christmas for my family & friends. Thank goodness everyone understands. I'm the type of person that likes to go all out for people too!

I haven't bought anything yet... once we get on our feet, I'll be able to start looking.

Luckily me & my aunt are going to the Mall of America on Black Friday, so hopefully by then I'll be able to pick up a few small things for friends & family

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a good foot in my shopping this year. Christmas will be at home, but Thanksgiving is still up the in the air as to where we will spend it. My Christmas cards are here on the desk in front of me to be filled out. I'm just waiting on some address changes.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually go to one of Neil's sister house for Turkey day (they rotate). However with Barb in the nursing home I don't know what will be happening. Plus, my parents who are usually at my sisters house will be back in WI. So That day is still a toss-up.

Don't know if my sis will be coming here for Christmas with the new job I don't know her holiday schedule. Mom and Dad will come here and we usually spend the 24th at one of the SIL's house and Christmas at home.

Have purchased some presents already-perhaps about 40%?? Not to worried yet!!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of making a home made pumpkin pie. We're going to my bf parents this year and I wanna prove to his mom that I can make things that come from other places than a box.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

This is absolutely the worst time of year to be diabetic.

First Hallowe'en. The Feast of Sugar.
Then Thanksgiving. The Feast of Carbohydrates.
Then Christmas. The Feast of Sugar AND Carbohydrates.
Then New Year. The Feast of Sugar, Carbohydrates, AND Alcohol.
My fiance knows your woes! Luckily we found a Lo-Carb & Sugar Free shop near us
We talked with them and the lady said that she has enough for us to have a thanksgiving meal for B!!!

We're staying here for Thanksgiving (recoup some money!) and I may go back to Michigan between Christmas and New Years. Depending on if B is working at that and can get the time off he'll come with.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will be working Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. No plans at all for me. Maybe for Thanksgiving, I'll go get a turkey and dressing dinner at Denny's. However, on the 12th of January, I'll be going to visit my sister for a late holiday in St Petersburg Florida. It's my sisters Holiday gift to me.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was having a lovely day until I found out that the holidays are rapidly approaching.

I really don't care for Christmas or Thanksgiving. Ug.

I'm off to pout.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
People who are so organized just annoy me no end. I could be organized if the people on my list weren't so fussy and would give me some hints about what to get them.

If I know what I am looking for I can buy just about anything on line or over the phone. And have it delivered to the giftee.

These days I dread the holidays. Because none of my family lives in an accessible house or apartment we have to either go out or they come to mine.

Last year we went out for Thanksgiving dinner and it was a disaster.

Not having to travel would be nice but if it were not so stressful. I feel like a looser because I mess up everyone's plans.
They end up making a mess. And last but not least having so many people in the house scares Chester. He spends the better part of the day hiding in the closet. And I find it hard to enjoy the company because I am worried about him.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

WOW!!! I didn't know you could do that!!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanksgiving will be just the two of us, but no tofurky this year.

I've got presents for my SS here.
Christmas presents are ordered or being made.
Tickets to see the Nutcracker at Lincoln Center on my birthday weekend Dec 8th, and the whole NYC Christmas things to see.
Flying to Florida for a week, we are spending Christmas in Venice with my son and DIL and my in laws will be down in the area too. I so need this.

I'm planning on having a lot of fun this year for the holidays. I may just put up a small tree and let the big one take a rest this year.
And not to be forgotten, our village does it's own version of the ball drop on New Years eve, with all of 500 people that come out to see it.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I've done most of my christmas shopping, i've got my cards from the Cats Protection ready to write out, and i've just bought this today to hang above my livingroom door
Susan, you are so on the ball!!

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am headed to Ct for 1 of the holidays to see my family at the holidays for the first time in 10 years. Don't know which holiday yet so it makes it kind of a pain to plan anything. I'm kind of excited, but kind of dreading it too.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't wanna think about it. I hate my family, my sisters hate me....holidays are
for me. I get reamed on about the cats & how worthless they are by my own siblings, my aunts always ask me to take the puppies that got big & they're tired of. Happy Holidays all!